Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stumbled across a pretty clean old Weiman today, and I cannot for the life of me figure out the story behind the pump in the boat. It is, as the title states, set-in... bowl is in front of the transom, nozzle is the only portion behind the boat. It is to the best of my knowledge a Berkeley pump, just trying to find out if anyone may have knowledge of what this might be. Google, the search function and word of mouth have been no help.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
You mean like this? It was done this way in the very early days. Like putting a jet in a flat bottom type hull, it was found not to be the best way to go about it. This one was rebuilt by a member here some years back, if I'm not mistaken.

stevens jet.jpg

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
You mean like this? It was done this way in the very early days. Like putting a jet in a flat bottom type hull, it was found not to be the best way to go about it. This one was rebuilt by a member here some years back, if I'm not mistaken.

View attachment 754890
This is my old Stevens flatbottom jet I restored. They are a "different" kind of ride and defy what works with modern jet pump layout and hulls. You can't air out this layout without making a few theoretical changes. That said, they are fun, but not fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts