Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one run me threw it? It is a 600 Chevy with a Hyd cam. Is there a write up on it? Any one know what spec to set them at?

Thank you ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you sounds easy! The Only part i dont like is running the motor to make sure lifters are pumped all the way up. How long before they leak down? So how fast do you have to move when making adj? So on a boat motor i am thinking 1/8" of a turn down then bottom the jam nut down to hold her. How tight on the jam nut?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!:)devil P.S. Looks like i have to wait till spring to do this so i can run her.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Last thing when i am in there i want to check the springs, what is a good Valve Spring Tester tool? Needs to clear the big tube headers that come up.

THANK YOU

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Ya know Sleeper, I wish you hadn't posted that. Now I am just pissed off. What are we dealing with here. The attention span a fruit fly?

Got suckered in didn't ya. :p

S CP ;)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Haha Yea i have been thinking of running the boat and not touching anything but i feel i need to test spings and set valve lash. Again thank you guys for the help on this!!!!

Skydog P.S. Sorry if you guys think i am wasting your time this post was to learn how to set valve lash and kind of ran in to the sping tool again. Again THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts