Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a agricultural meter water on their home?? Do you really save $$$$$ with a pool?

·
Master Blaster
132 Posts
Yes they do save you money. They are referred to more as irrigation meters in havi. After the initial install, your pool fill, sprinklers(any irrigation) and hose bibs on the house should be plumbed from this meter. With our evaporation rate, I'm told about fifteen feet a year, that's a lot of water out of the pool figured into your sewer rate. People that do not have an irrigation meter and need to drain a refill their pool, call the city with the meter readings before and after filling the pool. This amount will be taken out of the sewer average even during the "no drain months" (really the only time of year pools out here can be drained and filled).:)bulb:)bulb

·
Master Blaster
132 Posts
Very true, I have heard about some real expensive prices on having one put in after the house and landscape are finished.:mad:

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is $538 for the city meter and $510 for the back flow valve installed by a certified person.

I do not have to run a new line up to the house. I have heard horror stories about the sewer charge for homes with pools.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Mine is $538 for the city meter and $510 for the back flow valve installed by a certified person.

I do not have to run a new line up to the house. I have heard horror stories about the sewer charge for homes with pools.
sewage charge is determined by your Avg. water usage between Jan 1st and March 31st each year...................don't fill pool during this time;)

Conserve all water during this time period and your bill will be as cheap as it can be through out the year

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
sewage charge is determined by your Avg. water usage between Jan 1st and March 31st each year...................don't fill pool during this time;)

Conserve all water during this time period and your bill will be as cheap as it can be through out the year
Great I will tell my snowbird to shower once a week to save me $$ during the summer. :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Seems like a simple and cost effective way to make this situation right is like this. the city
could figure out what the real average "water" cost to keep the average Havasu pool full
is and then simply figure a credit for not putting that amount of water into the sewer system. This would eliminate the need for all the the meters and other hassles but do you think that will happen. Sorry, but thanks for playing!

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cost to step 3 $1100

Yes Keith you are right but here is the real world in Havasu or most cities.

1. Meter installed by the city today.
2. Now I need to have the backflow preventor put in by a cert plumber.
3 Then I have to have a another person test the backflow preventor.

4. Now I get my water turned on to the pool.
5. Every year I have to have the backflow preventor certified.

Keith run for office and get things moving in the right direction.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Yes Keith you are right but here is the real world in Havasu or most cities.

1. Meter installed by the city today.
2. Now I need to have the backflow preventor put in by a cert plumber.
3 Then I have to have a another person test the backflow preventor.

4. Now I get my water turned on to the pool.
5. Every year I have to have the backflow preventor certified.

Keith run for office and get things moving in the right direction.
was the meter still $900 from the city?

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
City New Meter $456
New Backflow installed $629
not bad, not bad at all;)

you should be able to tap(split off) prior the Soft water loop in the garage and then all your outside hose bibs will be on the AG meter as well:)bulb

·
Registered
784 Posts
Seems like a simple and cost effective way to make this situation right is like this. the city
could figure out what the real average "water" cost to keep the average Havasu pool full
is and then simply figure a credit for not putting that amount of water into the sewer system. This would eliminate the need for all the the meters and other hassles but do you think that will happen. Sorry, but thanks for playing!
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE: Sorry Keith , My bill is a joke. I have a pool and good lord I have grass in my yard:))eek:)) My actual water consumption would be nothing :)bulb but I like my house, if the city is looking at raising the cost again :|err I guess it's time to move on:(:(

·
Huntington Beach Havasu
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While I am putting in our new pool I will have all the outside water faucets and pool fill on this meter. They just completed the sewer in my area about 8 months ago and do not want problems later with high sewer charges for the pool fill.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
While I am putting in our new pool I will have all the outside water faucets and pool fill on this meter. They just completed the sewer in my area about 8 months ago and do not want problems later with high sewer charges for the pool fill.
The pool fill should not be subjected to the sewer charge. Before filling a pool you call the city with your meter reading, and then again after. The amount of water used is deducted from the amount that is billed against sewage. Maintaining the pool is another story though, as the water used for it will be billed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts