Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help identifying SFI 18.1, chrome, no weight on back, seems to fit chev bbc crank, no manuf. name, only #'s are A424848 0608 , I believe it to be a 396/427 chev. int balance harmonic balancer, any help is appreciated

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Need help identifying SFI 18.1, chrome, no weight on back, seems to fit chev bbc crank, no manuf. name, only #'s are A424848 0608 , I believe it to be a 396/427 chev. int balance harmonic balancer, any help is appreciated
You'll probably have to post a picture. The number is probably a serial number and the 0608 is a build date of June, '08.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Chrome Made It Non Sfi immediately

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
For the non sfi balancers, they talk about 360 degree covers... do they exist?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Chrome Made It Non Sfi immediately
Don't fool yourself into believing that.

Don't blame the messenger, blame the system. I have gotten to where the "approval" is all but meaningless unless its with a company I trust. I have seen SFI dampers made by Professional Products that came apart on an engine that never saw 7000 rpm.

I have no idea how this crap is getting the approval, but it is, and its sad.

To the OP, very few companies sell a chrome damper period. let alone SFI. My gut tells me you got the number off the SFI sticker and as Steel mention, the 0608 is the manufacture date. (see above)

Like I said, very few companies sell a chrome damper. A few sell a polished steel damper that's pretty blingy.
Professional Products doesn't even sell a chrome damper, approved or not. They do sell a polished stainless damper that's approved.

One the few that sells a SFI approved chrome damper is RPM International, who like ProCrap, will sell them to anybody for re-labeling and sold as any number of different names. Again, see above.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts