Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as though Lake Shasta has hit the the highest level that it is going to hit this year and is now on the decline. To give you an idea of how bad it is, it is 40' lower than it was at this time last year. For all of us that have plans to go to Shasta in June we might be re-thinking them. Here is the link to the lake level. You can go back as far as you want to see the lake levels. It seems that they start dropping the level every year in mid-April.http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?SHA&d=22-Apr-2008+08:24&span=30days

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
It looks as though Lake Shasta has hit the the highest level that it is going to hit this year and is now on the decline. To give you an idea of how bad it is, it is 40' lower than it was at this time last year. For all of us that have plans to go to Shasta in June we might be re-thinking them. Here is the link to the lake level. You can go back as far as you want to see the lake levels. It seems that they start dropping the level every year in mid-April.http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?SHA&d=22-Apr-2008+08:24&span=30days

Ya, they are projecting it going down 90' this yr. (150-160' down total) Shouldn't be too bad though in June. Def going to be a low yr though.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more bit of info....to put it in to perspective, the lake right now is 20' lower than it was in June of last year for the Cat Attack.

·
Pirate of P-Town
149 Posts
I'm still goin in June AND august!!!!!!!!1 Limelight I suggest you rent a houseboat for the august trip, it's gonna be epic!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Let er rip

Chill out fast guy. I have been going to Shasta for a long long time and have never seen it peak in April. Generally discharge rates are low until late June and snow melt keeps it at about the level it has in mid may Even if it does and it is lower no big deal. During the big time drought years it was still great going there.

Steal some props increase the insurance, lower the deductable and put it on the rev limiters.

·
Pirate of P-Town
149 Posts
Maybe we will see ya in August also. Low lake isn't going to stop up, been going to Shasta a long time, low lake is no big deal really.
I will be there the weekend before Labor Day... Renting a houseboat out of Sugar Loaf.....

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
With the current situation on some of our favorite lakes it makes one wonder who is in charge of regulating the lake levels?

Was just on the CA reservoir site and on Pedro, Melones, Oroville, and Shasta the water is going out faster than it is coming in, and it's only April.

What are these opertators thinking? Makes no sense to me.:|err

·
Breast Connoisseur
101 Posts
With the current situation on some of our favorite lakes it makes one wonder who is in charge of regulating the lake levels?

Was just on the CA reservoir site and on Pedro, Melones, Oroville, and Shasta the water is going out faster than it is coming in, and it's only April.

What are these opertators thinking? Makes no sense to me.:|err

Look at who is pulling the strings on the puppet. Unfortunately Northern Ca. does not control the water in the lakes.

(Think MET and San Diego)

·
Pug Wrangler
102 Posts
We went to Shasta for the first time last year and were horribly disappointed. Lake down 80-some feet and had to walk down a million stairs to get to the dock. No beaches either due to the water level...Houseboat is definitely the way to go. Launch ramp looked like a ski jump it was so steep and long...:)sphss

·
Registered
39 Posts
bubbletop 409

lake operator , gate keeper B.S.!!!!! i agree with 409. someone at lake oroville said its going out at the same rate waters going in. :(:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts