Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i started watching on the 16th of jan the lake has came up damn near 30 ft at about 2 ft a day !!!!yaaaaaahooo at 2ft a day even i can do the math = full lake biotches but keep your fingers crossed . TUNNEL T

·
Northern CA DCB Sales
1,230 Posts
Keep in mind it will still take later season rain to fill! Now that the rains have stopped I am sure the lake is being dumped as fast as posssible!:mad: Back in the 90s I saw Shasta full on New Years Day and then 30 ft down going into summer.:|err It all come down to BLM and when they shutdown the dam.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Rain expected all next week, the outflow is way down and the inflow is way up so it is filling up very quickly...It was 116 feet down at the beginning of last week...

·
Registered
460 Posts
They've been doing lots of levee work on the Sac river for the past year. Last weekend we saw the river jump almost 5 feet in one day, and then engineers came by the house checking the levels and studying the levees. I figured they weren't holding much water at Shasta on purpose just to check their work on the levees. The American was way up too, damn near buried Discovery Park. Lets hope they hold some water for us this year in the reservoirs.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Up here in Sac, the river came up about 12' and is slowly going down. Went to look at some houses in Disco and the water didn't seem unusually high there. Guessing the extra volume gets concentrated to one channel up here and gets dispersed over a greater area down there. With all the huge logs and trees I see floating down the river, I can only imagine the trash that ends up in San Fran after storms like we've had lately. Sheesh!

Haven't been to Shasta since I was a kid. Perhaps this is the year to renew :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Up here in Sac, the river came up about 12' and is slowly going down. Went to look at some houses in Disco and the water didn't seem unusually high there. Guessing the extra volume gets concentrated to one channel up here and gets dispersed over a greater area down there. With all the huge logs and trees I see floating down the river, I can only imagine the trash that ends up in San Fran after storms like we've had lately. Sheesh!

Haven't been to Shasta since I was a kid. Perhaps this is the year to renew :D

They shut the cross chanel gates right there at Walnut Grove, that keeps all the flow going down river to the bay.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The lake is approx. 60' down and they are not letting very much out. If it keeps going this way it should be a good season. Last year it wasn't this high until mid April.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The lake is approx. 60' down and they are not letting very much out. If it keeps going this way it should be a good season. Last year it wasn't this high until mid April.
As of today, the lake is down 60' from the top almost 125' improvement from this date last year, went up there earlier in the week and it is looking good. Keep your fingers crossed, we have had a bunch since Jan 1st and it keeps on coming, bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Kurth

Cottonwood Ca - 40 minutes from Shasta:D:D

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
REMEMBER winter isn't over .so cross your fingers and hope mother nature pounds us with some good storms throughout march thats when it really counts ! TUNNEL T

·
Registered
630 Posts
As of today, the lake is down 60' from the top almost 125' improvement from this date last year, went up there earlier in the week and it is looking good. Keep your fingers crossed, we have had a bunch since Jan 1st and it keeps on coming, bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Kurth

Cottonwood Ca - 40 minutes from Shasta:D:D

:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Alot , But the problem is that they anticipate how much they will get and start dumping too soon..:|err
I'm no scientist (technically), but can't they dump as they get? I wonder what a day of rain adds, and what they're able to dump in a day. I'm sure there are more factors involved, but I would be curious to know or understand the formula they use to make the dump decisions. Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts