Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm lookin at a g bowl that has had 1/8 machined off the entrance side of the bowl.is there enough internal clearance for this? what about the depth of the threads...any ideas/or theory ????? 022.jpg

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
It moves the veins and surface where a stuffer bolts up closer to the impeller. Alot of shops used to do this.9 times out of 10 the machinist that did the work didn't quite have a handle on what he was doing and it didn't get done correctly. It can be checked to see if it was done right, also the wear on the bushings is a way to tell if something isn't right.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
If the bowl seal looked torn up after being ran, check that the threads on the pump shaft for the impeller nut didn't get into the seal. Happens alot on stuff that's been shortened.

Bowl bolts should be ok, might need to bottom tap the holes, don't run a short bolt, use factory length bolts

·
Banned
2 Posts
It moves the veins and surface where a stuffer bolts up closer to the impeller. Alot of shops used to do this.9 times out of 10 the machinist that did the work didn't quite have a handle on what he was doing and it didn't get done correctly. It can be checked to see if it was done right, also the wear on the bushings is a way to tell if something isn't right.

i'm curious as to what you mean by that? As in he took to much off or milled it off center or?? Seems to be with a G bowl it pretty much straight forward....a C well not so much.
be safe , frank.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
i'm curious as to what you mean by that? As in he took to much off or milled it off center or?? Seems to be with a G bowl it pretty much straight forward....a C well not so much.
be safe , frank.
Meaning machined incorrectly. That machined face must be perfectly square to the bore where the bushings are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts