Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, had my first blind date tonite, and guess what? It sucked. I was told I have a Freudian complex. I hope thats spelled right. Here goes. We meet at a bar, pretty quite, its a Monday. Had a couple drinks, small talk. Burgers and drinks for dinner. She asked what I like to do in my spare time and I said, " boating, hanging out with my friends, and what ever my son likes to do". Then she see's my boats, I had internet access, then she said I have a Freudian complex and if thats all I care about its not going to work. I said, your wrong, all I care about is my son, then my boats. Needless to say, it went south from there. Thinking about it now, maybe I could of handled it better. I was just pissed, first date this stuff goes down.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
I think it's a good thing you found out that she doesn't like the things that are important to you right now, Your Son and Boating!!

She would have been boring anyways!! What fun chick doesn't like boating??

She is gonna miss out. There are better fish out there and you have the boat to find them:D

·
Registered
988 Posts
I Woulda Said The Same Thing You Did! Shes Got The Issues! Dont Know Wtf Complex Shes Talkin About. Never Heard Of It. Lets See The Pic Of The Boat!:)devil

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont want to go into what she really had to say about it, but it was really nasty. I think she was hurt before. But, she caught me off guard.

·
Registered
93 Posts
at least you figured out that she all about her, clearly no room for her in your life in her mind - at least not at the level she is looking for. consider yourself very lucky, but keep putting yourself out there.

btw - Freud proposed many complexes, the idea of the "Freudian complex" is kinda non-sensical, each had their own name and all were somewhat distinct and some/most were gender specific (from what I recall, kinda winging this) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at least you figured out that she all about her, clearly no room for her in your life in her mind - at least not at the level she is looking for. consider yourself very lucky, but keep putting yourself out there.

btw - Freud proposed many complexes, the idea of the "Freudian complex" is kinda non-sensical, each had their own name and all were somewhat distinct and some/most were gender specific (from what I recall, kinda winging this) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud
Thanks. Over a year now for first date, and this. My son seems to think Mom and I will get back together, not going to happen. God, is this what I have to look forward to?

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Dewey,
I was recently (2007) divorced and dated alot before meeting my present wife. Always told these women that my two daughters (then 14 & 16) who chose to live with me were my first priority. I just kept dating until I found a woman who was turned on by the fact that I was a Dad first. I re-married about a year ago and everything is great. Don't compromise your priorities!!
(I think you already know that) Jocko

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks. Over a year now for first date, and this. My son seems to think Mom and I will get back together, not going to happen. God, is this what I have to look forward to?
Ive Been Single Now For About A Year Also. Dated A Couple Girls But Went Nowhere Really. Never Really Had It Like This Before. At Least You Found Out That Soon! She Didnt String You Along Then Fock With Your Mind. Just Have Fun! They Come And Go! Thats Why We Have Boats And Beer :)devil

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Patience grasshopper.
I know. I really dont want to hurt him. I am going to do this stuff on my days. What he doesn't know wont hurt him, just starting over again sucks. Been out of the game along time, and it hurts to say that. I wish it could of been different.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i hope you went dutch.

look at the bright side, you didn't waste any of your time sleeping with her.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dewey,
I was recently (2007) divorced and dated alot before meeting my present wife. Always told these women that my two daughters (then 14 & 16) who chose to live with me were my first priority. I just kept dating until I found a woman who was turned on by the fact that I was a Dad first. I re-married about a year ago and everything is great. Don't compromise your priorities!!
(I think you already know that) Jocko
Thanks Jocko. My son means everything to me, I dont know what I would do without him, Love him very much.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
It's admirable that your son is such an important part of your life but please remember you have a right to happiness just as he has a right to a happy father.

I've seen a hundred mothers give up on love to coddle their children (my mother included after the divorce when I was 10) and it's fruitless to completely dedicate 100% of your time and effort for him only. Personally, I wouldn't look for Ms. Wonderful at a bar, however. Neither you nor your son will benefit. It may appear great for a night, week or year but I'd look for a great friend I could fall in love with and build a lasting relationship with. That's just me though. Simply keep living your life with your eyes (and mind) open. I guarantee there is no shortage of great single women. Just check out the bars brim full of men to learn that one.

just my $.02

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's admirable that your son is such an important part of your life but please remember you have a right to happiness just as he has a right to a happy father.

I've seen a hundred mothers give up on love to coddle their children (my mother included after the divorce when I was 10) and it's fruitless to completely dedicate 100% of your time and effort for him only. Personally, I wouldn't look for Ms. Wonderful at a bar, however. Neither you nor your son will benefit. It may appear great for a night, week or year but I'd look for a great friend I could fall in love with and build a lasting relationship with. That's just me though. Simply keep living your life with your eyes (and mind) open. I guarantee there is no shortage of great single women. Just check out the bars brim full of men to learn that one.

just my $.02
Well spoken. I been tormented for over a year now on how my son feels about whats happened to our lives. I hope my decision to divorce my ex doesn't effect him on his judgement to have a relationship with women. He's hard to read, he's only 11, but I want him to know its healthy to have, a relationship with someone special, I sometimes feel I let him down. Its something I have to get over. Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sounds like you didn't miss out on much with that chic, probably some lame tree hugger that drives a Prius anyways. lol.

Something will come along when you least expect it, I was single for many years and dated 1 or 2 women (that's what I tell my gf anyways. lol) But seemed like everytime I was out looking to find "the one" I always ended up with shit. After saying f#$k it and just doing my thing, I ran into a great girl and things are going really well and has been for 1.5 years now. And to top it off, I met her at the lake when camping too. :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well spoken. I been tormented for over a year now on how my son feels about whats happened to our lives. I hope my decision to divorce my ex doesn't effect him on his judgement to have a relationship with women. He's hard to read, he's only 11, but I want him to know its healthy to have, a relationship with someone special, I sometimes feel I let him down. Its something I have to get over. Thanks
You aren't alone; A lot of people worry about the effect on their children after divorce!
She is a jerk:)sphss

1 - 20 of 104 Posts