Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CALL ME YOU GAY WACKER LAVER>>>

GOT the boat, enderle fuel injection, etc, etc, need to ask a question!

CALL!!!!

All this for $700 shipped to my door... not bad..

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Injection

I had an Enderle Stack Injection set up on a Kindswater 19 Picklefork Hydro in 1972. The boat ran good, was a little lacking in the mid-range. When cruising about 60 and flat footing it wasn't real responsive. That was back in the days of the loooooooong duration camshafts, the motor cranked about 7800 rpm's. The main problem I had was that those mechanical pumps used to burn up when using the boat as a cruiser. Looks like they are still using the same pump. When I run the river it is about 30 miles round trip, those fuel pumps just would not do it. THE GOOD OLD DAYS !!!! 100 octane gas right at the gas station for 65 cents a gallon in the boat and 80 proof Jack Straight alcohol in the driver for 4 bucks a bottle !!!!!! Who's ready for a 100 MPH BOAT RIDE ????? The GOOD OL' DAYS are STILL HERE !!!!! I don't go as much and I drink a whole lot less but it's all still as much fun as it ever was.....................As a foot note, I screwed around with that injection set up all summer, tried different nozzles, jets, went through 3 pumps, finally switched to a tunnel ram with 2 780's and the boat was a great cruiser after that. Unfortunately with 13:1 pistons, and the high rpm power curve, it was prone to rod bearing failure also, the thing kept me flat broke for 3 summers!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind the Hallett will stay CARBS....

But the "K" will be Injected ALKY...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts