Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swapped out a v6 mercruiser which is a 1987 to a chevy 350 i am running a automotive style gm hei the shift interupter switch that comes stock works oppsite of what i need has i cant be the only one who has ever run into this issue so if anybody knows what to do or where to get the proper switch it w ould be much appreciated no one in the marinas i called have any answers thank you for any help

·
Registered
471 Posts
switch

i swapped out a v6 mercruiser which is a 1987 to a chevy 350 i am running a automotive style gm hei the shift interupter switch that comes stock works oppsite of what i need has i cant be the only one who has ever run into this issue so if anybody knows what to do or where to get the proper switch it w ould be much appreciated no one in the marinas i called have any answers thank you for any help
Just an idea, the shift interupter switch is normally open and closes and grounds the ignition when you take the boat out of gear, you could feed 12 volts to the interupter switch and then run the wire to a relay that is normally closed, you could then run your ignition wire from the ignition switch thru the normally closed contacts on the relay.

·
Registered
383 Posts
hook it up to the tach, never tried it, but grounding out the tach lead for the second the eng needs to die to pull one of those alpha's out of gear should work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts