Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever shipped a set of Bassett headers. Just sold a set and picked up a 48 by 24 by 22 inch box. I figure about 65 pounds total and quotes from fedex ground and ups are around 140 dollars according to there websites. I only charged the guy 50 bucks as that is the typical shipping charge that I am seeing on ebay. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Has anybody ever shipped a set of Bassett headers. Just sold a set and picked up a 48 by 24 by 22 inch box. I figure about 65 pounds total and quotes from fedex ground and ups are around 140 dollars according to there websites. I only charged the guy 50 bucks as that is the typical shipping charge that I am seeing on ebay. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Where are you shipping from and where is it going?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I got a set from I think Cali or Arz to Minnesota and it was like $120 or so via UPS. These were Basset twisties and the boxes were pretty big...

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
try greyhound, jim rich sent me a set from bullhead to stockton, Ca. and it was real cheap.:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
went to a box company and they were able to make a box that both headers shipped in, and cost me like 60 bucks ups ground from vegas to pheonix

·
Registered
230 Posts
We've shipped some bulky items from San Diego to Phoenix via Greyhound. Cheap, and it took one day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've shipped a couple of sets: I had a roll of 10" wide x 1/4" thick foam laying around that I used to wrapped each header. I then broke down a good sized cardboard box, laid the box on the floor, laid a single header on the box, and proceeded to form the box around it with a carpenter's knife and some packaging tape. Once both headers were boxed, I finished by lining both headers up together and adding a little more tape and a massive zip tie or two to make them into a single piece for shipping...resulting in lower shipping costs.

The whole job took me about 30 mins a header.

·
Registered
76 Posts
One more thing I learned shipping bulky stuff through UPS is they charge you a ton more if you don't have an account with them and you're just going to the UPS store. The way to go is to open a UPS or Fedex acct online and then set you shipments up online. This way you get better pricing and you can print your own labels so that all you have to do is drop the sucker off.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I did the Greyhound thing with the windshields for my Commander (Huge box). Dirt cheap. Took 4 days from CA to IL. For the lowest price it goes "space available" so your kind of gambling if your in a hurry but you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Jim shipped my headers the night before & I had them the next morning.:)devil

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks
Hey buddy, i recently shipped my Bassett using Citizenshipper service. Found quiet good pricing there and they safely ship my boat. You can check their boat shipping service. They can connect you to veterans of the business who’ll deliver your boat door-to-port or vice versa, quickly and safely.

Meanwhile, Remember this important tip before any shipping:- Wrap large items carefully to protect them

Cheer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts