Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about Shockwave. I HEARD a rumor about them getting near closing their doors also. Some friends own a 25' Tremor and I told them I would inquire.

Anyone know if they are doing well or not? I hope so. It is getting depressing seeing/hearing of these long-time boat creators going under. Sad.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like a lot of rumors going around lately about boat manufaturers closing down.
I agree. That's why I want to try to clear another name - or not - that has a rumor starting.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I agree. That's why I want to try to clear another name - or not - that has a rumor starting.
the only rumors I ever hear about that stuff are when I log on to this site. Never heard anything about these guys until your post. So I would think you are adding more to the spreading of the rumor then clearing anything up.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only rumors I ever hear about that stuff are when I log on to this site. Never heard anything about these guys until your post. So I would think you are adding more to the spreading of the rumor then clearing anything up.
So......this forum is not for asking questions? I thought that was all I was doing. Wait. Let me re-read my last two posts. Yep. That's all I was doing. Asking a question.

The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So......this forum is not for asking questions? I thought that was all I was doing. Wait. Let me re-read my last two posts. Yep. That's all I was doing. Asking a question.

I agree with you. If I was thinking about buying a boat or doing business with a company, I would want some current information. Especially in this economy.
If I bought the boat or did the business and then that company went tits up................everyone would chastize me for not investigating and asking questions. So..........How do I ask the question if anyone knows the condition of a certain company, without creating a cloud over that business? i would do it the same way he just did, and hopefully get a bunch of feedback that dispells any rumor to the negative. That didn't seem to happen here. The lack of positive feedback just continues the rumor and makes it stronger.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

rumor spreader! haha :)hand

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I just talked with a reliable source and Shockwave is doing just fine.

Tell your friends to relax.

It's just BS talk..................

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
I haven't heard anything and I hope there doing ok.

I think there 28' Deck looks great and they were at the OC show with there new 22' Deck. (Placecraft)

Better question is why is shockwave making Placecrafts are they doing a co-op or did they buy the molds?:)sphss:)bulb

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
My friend that bought a 28 Deck just had their 20 hour check and service done last week. She said they looked pretty busy to her.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I haven't heard anything and I hope there doing ok.

I think there 28' Deck looks great and they were at the OC show with there new 22' Deck. (Placecraft)

Better question is why is shockwave making Placecrafts are they doing a co-op or did they buy the molds?:)sphss:)bulb
Domn8er has that mold now from what I know.....:)bulb

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I just talked with a reliable source and Shockwave is doing just fine.

Tell your friends to relax.

It's just BS talk..................
At the same time, businesses must say they are doing fine, even the day before they go out of business.

If it was out that they were doing bad, nobody would buy a boat from them which would take them to failure.

It's just like the banking industry was. The minute something bad was said about a bank, everybody would run to that bank and withdraw their cash. So even if their deposit ratios were in accord, once the rumor hits, they were killed.

So businesses will have to say what they have to in order to stay alive. That's just the way it's going to be for a while.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
There's a difference between bashing and sourcing good information.

Unfortunately in these times even the most established companies
can be questioned. PerformanceBoats.com has issues primarily related
to bashing in relation to this topic.

We understand that nobody wants to spend their hard earned $$ with someone that isn't going to be here next month or this winter to warranty your boat or fulfill a service that has been sold to you as the consumer.

My strong suggestion is to consider companies that are advertising on a regular basis. Whether it be with Performance Boats, Powerboat or even the Trader, these boat companies are investing in their future and are maintaining their payables with the respective magazines as they must pay their bills to be published each month. Paying their bills regularly in most cases equates to a sound company in almost all cases.

As for Shockwave, I am there at least once a month and Bob and his crew are doing well. Last week they sold a boat to one of my fathers friends.

Shockwave is a great company with a guy at the helm that has his hands in the company at all levels, which is the best that you can expect as a consumer for a variety of reasons.

I strongly recommend his products, in particular his deckboat for those that are genuinely in the marketplace for purchasing a new boat.

In fact, the next guy that does purchase a Shockwave, Performance Boats will do a feature in the magazine based on this thread.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
At the same time, businesses must say they are doing fine, even the day before they go out of business.

If it was out that they were doing bad, nobody would buy a boat from them which would take them to failure.

It's just like the banking industry was. The minute something bad was said about a bank, everybody would run to that bank and withdraw their cash. So even if their deposit ratios were in accord, once the rumor hits, they were killed.

So businesses will have to say what they have to in order to stay alive. That's just the way it's going to be for a while.
Like I said it is BS but I understand what you are saying.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
There's a difference between bashing and sourcing good information.

Unfortunately in these times even the most established companies
can be questioned. PerformanceBoats.com has issues primarily related
to bashing in relation to this topic.

We understand that nobody wants to spend their hard earned $$ with someone that isn't going to be here next month or this winter to warranty your boat or fulfill a service that has been sold to you as the consumer.

My strong suggestion is to consider companies that are advertising on a regular basis. Whether it be with Performance Boats, Powerboat or even the Trader, these boat companies are investing in their future and are maintaining their payables with the respective magazines as they must pay their bills to be published each month. Paying their bills regularly in most cases equates to a sound company in almost all cases.

As for Shockwave, I am there at least once a month and Bob and his crew are doing well. Last week they sold a boat to one of my fathers friends.

Shockwave is a great company with a guy at the helm that has his hands in the company at all levels, which is the best that you can expect as a consumer for a variety of reasons.

I strongly recommend his products, in particular his deckboat for those that are genuinely in the marketplace for purchasing a new boat.

In fact, the next guy that does purchase a Shockwave, Performance Boats will do a feature in the magazine based on this thread.
Glad to see you guys come on here and back them up.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts