Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I raced a 16 ft Patterson for four years, E 65, and SK 165 a real fast boat. Won eastern divisionals, Kankee,ILL, Canadian Nationals SK at Belloil Canada. I n the Eastern circuit nothing could catch it. Also 16 ft was very hairy, fast.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This boat is a REAL jewel! My father bought this boat from Donny St. John before he drove the "Never Enough" Lavey for Gil Suter. I have heard many wonderful stories about this boat and they never get old. I only wish I could have been around to see Donny drive this boat. Dad used to tell me what a crowd pleaser St. John was because he would always start in the middle of the pack. He would over take one boat at a time in a very smooth consistant mannner. What a time piece!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Shockwave

I first met SHOCKWAVE in 1963. It then held the Blown Gas Flatbottom Drag Race Record. The engine was a blown 392 Chrysler hemi built by Keith Black, along side the engine that went in BANZAI. SHOCKWAVE then ran Norm Taylor's blown small block Chev, on propane, as a KRR. The St. John bros. then bought SHOCKWAVE. They ran it as a superstock. It was powered by a stock F E Ford. It won a lot of races, and set a lot of records. They switched to a 426 Chrysler Hemi. After the late '70s the boat became lost. I found it in the late '80s, for sale, but could not contact the owner. 10 years later, Dale Landsberry came by my shop to tell me he had SHOCKWAVE, and was going to restore it.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
Registered
20,026 Posts

·
Registered
20,026 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts