Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of trying to pass on the "experience" of this movie shoot thing. I found out about it from this forum, and I'll be in the boat for two weeks (my vacation!), so it all seems to apply.

Saturday I had to go in for my head shot at LBR. Seems they forgot that step when I was in the first time. If I'd known I could have had professional shots done instead of a quick "against that wall" shot. Not that my gorgeous facial features would be improved by even the best glamour shot.:D Then it was off to Advantage to get new matching Advantage t-shirts so I'd have the same outfit every day for the two weeks.

Sunday, after taking the Cheetah out to burn a tank and a half of old gas (spiked with race gas), we quickly put that away and took the Advantage down and dropped it. They let us store the trailer at LBR in the upper parking lot, so my wife dropped it off while the movie guys helped me put my boat in the very tightest, furthest back spot they could find - right next to the "stage". I had to go up and sign another contract, this one the "non-union extra" contract (in addition to the charter contract from last week) and my I-9.

Up this AM at 4:30 so my wife can drive back to Bakersfield to go to work. I've got to be down at LBR by 6:30. Time to go.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At least it is only going to be 103 today. It's be a real bummer if it got hot.

·
Displaced Azian
783 Posts
Been there,, done that,,, as far as the Movie extra thing goes...

Lots of standing around being bored out of your mind interjected with brief moments of scampering around like a chicken with your head cut off.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Lots of standing around being bored out of your mind interjected with brief moments of scampering around like a chicken with your head cut off.
Wow, that sounds alot like your current job situation if you think about it. :D

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
I can waste time like anyone, however I was not about to deal with that on my days off at home while on the lake...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Wheres the pics?

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
What are they paying you? Is that sitting around money or only when used money? Seems like a cool gig if it works for ya!

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Was just down at the channel. They were filming Spring Break-like party scenes on the LBR docks. 500 20-year olds jumping up and down. Lots of hotties. Some of them were already fried like a lobster and it is only the first day of two weeks. $200 bucks a day with free food and board and the sunburn. Boats were circling outside the docks to make it look like the channel traffic.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Ya...maybe 501. I will take some pics tomorrow for ya.:D
Well, I suppose it would be much easier to believe if you had a bunch of high res pics to back up your silly claims. ;)

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Well, I suppose it would be much easier to believe if you had a bunch of high res pics to back up your silly claims. ;)
Pics are coming just for you. I will go deep into the silicon to get them. :)grn

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Pics are coming just for you. I will go deep into the silicon to get them. :)grn

Check you out, all people helping people 'n shit!!! :D

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Friday they were shutting down the lake just south of Steamboat for about 2 miles. LEO's on each end of the closure would chase everyone down and make them "hold" for about 15 minutes. Not sure what the shooting crew was doing that they had to close the lake.

We were in a cove on the AZ side watching it all take place.

·
The Dog Catcher
476 Posts
Friday they were shutting down the lake just south of Steamboat for about 2 miles. LEO's on each end of the closure would chase everyone down and make them "hold" for about 15 minutes. Not sure what the shooting crew was doing that they had to close the lake.

We were in a cove on the AZ side watching it all take place.
For the movie they blew up/set a boat on fire.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My hotties du jour. I actually had nine girls, and as many boys as could follow the scent:) The guys were supposed to be off the boat, but when the girls came on, they just were not staying away....

No cameras on set, we just took shots of each other before they made us put the cameras away. Interesting that cell phone cameras were in abundance, and I may have some shots from those when I have my daughter show me how to get them out of the phone.:)hand Several of the kids sent them to me, I don't even know how to tell where they are LOL

Attachments

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OPK, so I get paid to sit around in my boat in the Channel with more gorgeous young girls than you can even imagine. Remember when everyone went gaga over the DS street party pics of the "14 year old"? She was right in front of my boat, and she's not 14. There are probably 500 extras, and at least 50% are babes. We get paid from the time we show up at 6:30 or so until we check out at sunset.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts