Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boat Nut
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think?

If your interested in purchasing a new boat and the sales and/or manufacturer give you performance numbers, do you think they should be willing to put the $$ behind it?

If they say the boat will do 100 and it only does 90, refund 10% of the purchase price or something like that. % refund would be based on the difference in real world performance versus their stated #'s.

·
Banned
742 Posts
I've had customers hold me to 'my statements on performance' and we always did a test drive at delivery. NEVER did any of them 'step up' and offer to pay more when the boat went faster than my big mouth bellowed. Once I had sold a customer one of my 20' openbow family boats, and I stated "75 MPH with THIS motor". Came delivery time and it ran 71 'out of the box'. "He whined like a spoiled brat". Drove back to the shop from Castaic, got a few props and went back. Second prop tested went 76.8 MPH and scared the guy. He then stated, "I just want a good ski boat". I told him, "that's what the original prop was doing when YOU complaned about the speed". "You can't please everyone". HA HA "F the referrals, bring cash today" "Referral (s) means I've got to jump thru more flaming hoops put in place by customers who don't know what it takes to build a safe fast boat".

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Some people get way too hung up on #'s....:)hand
If the numbers aren't even close they shouldn't be able to put them in ads or even the price tickets on the boat. Elim still has that brand new '05 with the 5.7 (?) and Alpha drive. Ticket says 65-70 mph. That boat will be lucky to get past 50. It's gonna make a customer pretty sad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts