Performance Boats Forum banner

Should he or any other that had not served with honor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eligibility website.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/eligib.htm

Wikipedia's write up on the purpose and honor of Arlington:

Arlington National Cemetery, in Arlington, Virginia is a military cemetery in the United States, established during the American Civil War on the grounds of Arlington House, formerly the estate of the family of Robert E. Lee's wife Mary Anna (Custis) Lee, a descendant of Martha Washington. The cemetery is situated directly across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. and near The Pentagon. It is served by the Arlington Cemetery station on the Blue Line of the Washington Metro system.
More than 300,000 people are buried in an area of 624 acres (2.53 km2). Veterans and military casualties from every one of the nation's wars are interred in the cemetery, from the American Civil War through the military actions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Pre-Civil War dead were reinterred after 1900.
Arlington National Cemetery and United States Soldiers' and Airmen's Home National Cemetery are administered by the Department of the Army. The other National Cemeteries are administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs or by the National Park Service. Arlington House (Custis-Lee Mansion) and its grounds are administered by the National Park Service as a memorial to Lee.

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
Fuqq no. Nor should his philandering brother bobby. JFK, maybe.....a tough call. I'd have voted NO, but I can see how others might disagree.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Buried? How about dumped in the water!!! Good ridance!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Arlington is for men of Honor, and Valor.
Not for Men that lack any semblance of either.

And at the least, for fallen soldiers, not liars who buy their way out of a murder charge.

It is a blaspheme to even consider it. But I am quite sure this Admin. will piss on Arlington just like they have every thing else that matters in this Country.

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuqq no. Nor should his philandering brother bobby. JFK, maybe.....a tough call. I'd have voted NO, but I can see how others might disagree.
JFK served with Great Valor and Honor as a PT Boat skipper during WWII....I have absolutely no issues with him what so ever with this honor.

But the question at hand....my opinion is obvious!:|err

·
Registered
203 Posts
I personally do not challenge the intent in any way shape or form any man or woman who serves in any capacity to any enlisted force of the U.S.A.

Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - US Army 1951-1953

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally do not challenge the intent in any way shape or form any man or woman who serves in any capacity to any enlisted force of the U.S.A.

He served but if you look at the qualifications of JUST serving is not entry. There are millions that serve and don't get entry. I would challenge you guys to read the links I have posted in making this decision.

This cemetary is a Military cemetary.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Look at this way, when you drop your morning turd do you place it in a coffin, salute it and bury it in your backyard?:)sphss:)devil:)hand

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts

I'd suggest researching the story of his enlistment, using Papa K's influence to shorten his term, and the conditions he wouldn't have to go to Korea during wartime. The only reason he even enlisted was due to his elfinflicted problems with cheating in college.

The man was an embarrassment and a worthless coward.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts