Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
I don't think the size of the boat is the problem. It's the size of the ego that needs to be limited. On the Mississippi there is room for some pretty good size boats and even the tow boats don't cause the wake problems that one person thinking it's all about them causes. They don't think the rules apply to them, lord only knows the no wake buoys aren't meant for them. And the ones in the hot boats that think only about how great they look doing a fly by are no better.

You don't need new rules, we need the current rules enforced. And if enforcing the current rules cramps your style, maybe you're style should be rethought.

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
Really big boats on the river/small lake is like a Snowbird in the Walmart parking lot driving a motor home and towing a Jeep Liberty. They do it because they are allowed to and because they only think about what they want and now how their actions affect everyone else. And just like the snowbirds, some of the big boat operators are curtious and are more than capable of handling their boats but it's the few that aren't and can't that ruin it for everyone else. Perhaps they should enforce the coast guard licensing requirements and start pulling boats out of the water if they don't comply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts