Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
DONT GET ME STARTED................big lakes (mead)i have no problem with...but ...
the river nothing over 24ft :p:p:p

i was at lake elsinore a while back and the guy had a 42 fountain with capsule cockpit//cmon thats is so stupid on that little lake he was running wide open..you cant tell me at 100 mph + he could see all thats going on with the lake.......

my 2 cents if its a offshore boat it belongs offshore in the ocean......
ok now you can bash me..............remember im old school..go easy;)
So what about when the races go to the ocean are they not allowed because its offshore?????? :) Get with it and buy a bigger boat. ;)
x 1000000000000000000000.. And 24' would be pushing it!!;)

For the record, I believe that once they regulate one thing, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to keep introducing new ones.. Even though I hate big boats on the river, I would rather have them there than have the government's hands in the mix!!!!
I agree keep the government off the lakes and out of our business.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
X2 I love going to Havasu and seeing the big boats out there running up and down the river as long as they are doing it safely. Now as far as some of the lakes I can see them doing that. I really don't even know why these big boats would even want to go to a small lake like Lake Elsinore or Castaic especially with the 35MPH speed limit. On those lakes I had alot more fun out there when I had my Sea Ray.
I think a bad day boating is still better than not boating that day. :)

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
I think there needs to be some control, especially related to boat size; Common sense would keep +30 footers off small lakes.....but there is always some big ego who's lacking in non-structural head volume who will do it....what is sad is, back when the whole US pop' was 100 mil, we still needed few laws, but the more you pack into a smaller space, the more laws you need.:)st

There are obvious limiting factors directly related to safety that keep small boats(epsecially low freeboard) out of the ocean....and luckily, it's basically self-limiting,i.e., they sink and/or drown.....but big boats on small lakes going really fast are as much a danger to others as to the operator; Sadly, a few bad apples will ruin it for everyone.:)coffee
Driving a boat is like driving a car. You are responsible for your own actions. Share the road and water with everyone. It is a free country for everyone not just small boats. If you can tow it you can take it to any lake.
just my .02

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
The problem is, a lot of the "Big Boat" guys are just out of control egos with legs....instead of being cool, they try to be "Bad".....and....that's uhmmm......bad.

So, to reiterate, we will basically, functionally, ban small boats from ALL lakes, but at least the big boys will still be able to do what they want, on any lake.....

I was up at Trinity a few years ago and a guy owned a 30+ fountain.....every weekend he would run it from Cedar Stock to Trinity Center.....that's it....that's a lot of fun on a boat.....:)sphss
What one guy thinks is big another doesn't. What is a big boat to you?

I am getting tired of guys complaining about wakes and size of boats. If you have a full size 4x4 truck you dont park in a compact parking spot and if you have a Honda you dont go 4x4. Same rules applys here. If you have a low free board boat dont go out on Havasu on a holiday weekend and complain how choppy it is. Same goes for a guy with a big boat dont try and run from Laughlin to Havi and complain about hitting a sandbar.

As for you insulting the big boat guys egos, I can go to any lake and see a jack ass in any type of boat.

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
"It's the Size of the EGO..." THAT is the problem, definitely; Be COOL, not bad-azz...a good case in point; We see the youngsters driving like maniacs, trying to prove themselves in their 4Cyl cars....I have a neighbor who has a '98 Z28 who was doing the same thing- I told him, "Everyone knows your car is fast, you don't have anything to prove".....get control of your ego....

The colapse of the economy has had one benefit for me; Used to be, I had to be off the Delta by 9am because the wakebarges started in making it just miserable...Huge waves and loud (c)rap music....and they actually think they are impressing my friends and I by driving right around us.....Now, most of them have gone away...only the real boaters are still out there, and THEY know how to handle themselves and their boats.

It is sad that the only way to get this problem under control is thru economic colapse....:)coffee
I think there is a deeper problem here then the size of boats. Why do you feel the need to assume things about other people.
You never did answer my question about what is a big boat to you???

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Size of the boat has nothing to do with how its operated. Look at jet-ski's......smallest thing on the lake, and often are the worst driving A**holes on the water! I would wager that PWC's have been the cause of every close call i've had on the water in the past 10 years. Not everyone drives them irresponsabily obviously, but you see my point....its the operator thats the problem. If everybody followed the rules of the water, and had a small sack of common sense, the size of the boat would be irrelevant, as you wouldn't have a situation to deal with in the first place. Do we really need yet another regulation to make up for people's lack of common sense? The lady who sued McDonalds for their coffee being hot probably thinks so...
X2

I forgot that when I go to DS it is pack like a holiday weekend. I feel safer that weekend more than any other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts