Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current rules for the PerformanceBoats.com forums do not allow putting links to commercial websites in your sig line unless you are an advertiser with us. This is done in an effort to protect the value of advertising on the site and to keep it from turning into a spam free-for-all.

There are a lot of small business owners on this site who might not be able to run a banner with performanceboats.com but would still like to take advantage of the ability to inform people about their business without directing them to their profile. To accommodate this PerformanceBoats.com will be offering the ability to sign up as a sig line advertiser.

The cost for sig line advertising will be $99 a month, and will allow you to place information about your company in your sig line.

This does not mean you can run banner advertising in your sig line. For advertisers you may place your company logo, a link to your website and brief description of the services you offer. See Rexone's sig line for a good example.

To sign up please call 888-577-BOAT (2628) or 1+ 702-313-1400 outside the US.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So basically for $1200 per year people can advertise their small business in their sig lines...It kinda only works if your a post whore dont it?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, but being a business owner you need to show some return on the dollar, although $99 isn't a lot of money, the amount of exposure to the ad is extremely low. I dont advertise on my sig line, so Im not bitching!!;)

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Looking over the forum rules you have an example for people to use:

My Company Name (Props, Paint and Wax) Click Here

Can you tell me how to change the click here link to link to my profile page and have it say something like click here or my profile or something like that. Also is it ok to have your email address in your signature?

thanks for the help.

·
Don't have a member-duh!
279 Posts
Since mine isn't even boating related is it still OK to have?? I don't think a bunch of elementary age cheerleaders are a threat to anyone's business on here, LOL... :D
Just checking anyway... :)bulb Let me know if I have to take it down...

·
6,873 Posts
So basically for $1200 per year people can advertise their small business in their sig lines...It kinda only works if your a post whore dont it?
I will be taking orders for sig lines....

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Since mine isn't even boating related is it still OK to have?? I don't think a bunch of elementary age cheerleaders are a threat to anyone's business on here, LOL... :D
Your top is a threat to all of us..now take it down :p

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lets see 20 or less posts a year for me and non boat related business for $99.

Sorry but I will have to pass.

Link removed.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
You are ok bunny, not commercial enterprise. :)

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Looking over the forum rules you have an example for people to use:

My Company Name (Props, Paint and Wax) Click Here

Can you tell me how to change the click here link to link to my profile page and have it say something like click here or my profile or something like that. Also is it ok to have your email address in your signature?

thanks for the help.
Big Inch I can do the link for you. But you need to have a backlink to performanceboats.com on your site first.

No promo language in sigs for commercial enterprises unless you are a performanceboats.com advertiser or sig advertiser (that would include email address).

·
Custom user title
374 Posts
Big Inch I can do the link for you. But you need to have a backlink to performanceboats.com on your site first.

No promo language in sigs for commercial enterprises unless you are a performanceboats.com advertiser or sig advertiser (that would include email address).
Thanks Rexone. I'll let you know as soon as I have the time to get onto my site and add the link.

·
Doctor Bomb
551 Posts
Hey Rex,
I removed my biz as it's not boating related. I did, however, retain the part about FREE asphalt grindings. As you can see, I did'nt post a phone number and I've delivered this stuff to several boaters. People actually pay for this in some states so I'm asking if I can leave it up since it's a free (helpful) product for members.

Gary

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
If you have a myspace.com page, or a website you can add us to we would greatly appreciate it.
Oh sure, we'll be happy to do this....just like you, for $99 per month.

LO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts