Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I was involved in a wreck a little over a week ago and I get to get a new truck :p I am a Chevy man at heart, but these days im trying to think bang for your buck. I have had a rental truck "Titan" these last few days and that has made me think. I would never have thought of the Titan, but its got some great power, very roomy, looks good, good reviews and can tow a boat.

Power, tow rating, gas mpg, room, quality, looks and all....whats your guys thoughts? LEAVING BRAND OUT OF THE EQUATION.

·
No Longer Recovering
916 Posts
My Titan went back as a lemon... Nissan was NOT easy to deal with.

Love my Silverado now. Dodge was too expensive when I was looking

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
If you are looking at the foreign trucks I would go Tundra before Titan. I have a buddy that owns both a Nissan and Toyota store and says he loves driving his Tundra. He did say the motor in the Titan was nice, but for overall the Tundra. He currently drives the fully loaded limited Tundra. I have been in it and it is VERY NICE and BIG inside.

Mike

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Titan went back as a lemon... Nissan was NOT easy to deal with.

Love my Silverado now. Dodge was too expensive when I was looking
I love the silverados and the dodges...but this damn titan brought more shit into the play!:D What went wrong with yours?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking at the foreign trucks I would go Tundra before Titan. I have a buddy that owns both a Nissan and Toyota store and says he loves driving his Tundra. He did say the motor in the Titan was nice, but for overall the Tundra. He currently drives the fully loaded limited Tundra. I have been in it and it is VERY NICE and BIG inside.

Mike
Looking at them all now...I have yet to drive one, but plan on heading down tomorrow to test drive it.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Looking at them all now...I have yet to drive one, but plan on heading down tomorrow to test drive it.
Sounds good. he had both a Titan and Tundra. I have been in both. IMO the Tundra is better built, roomier and more solid feeling. Quieter ride as well.

Mike

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I had a first year Titan and they had front brake problems that were cured. Good power, lots of room and drove comfortably. Got rearended and totaled so I bought an Avalanche. Performs admirably and comparably to the Titan. Liked the roomier Titan back seat for carrying groceries and such.

If I did it over I'd get a Silverado 3/4 long bed.

Can't speak on the Dodge or Tundra, but the ones I've rode in seemed solid and good power.

I think you'll end up as just making some personal preferences in your decision.

·
3,246 Posts
go for the silverado and never look back

·
Registered
694 Posts
About a year ago, I looked hard at all these choices. After researching, driving, and considering the strengths and weaknesses of each, I choose the Tundra.

Not one regret. Its an awesome truck. 31K hard miles so far and not one issue with anything.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About a year ago, I looked hard at all these choices. After researching, driving, and considering the strengths and weaknesses of each, I choose the Tundra.

Not one regret. Its an awesome truck. 31K hard miles so far and not one issue with anything.
Did you go with the 5.7? How does it tow?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've owned Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota and drove a Titan for a week. By far my new Tundra is my favorite truck and the bang for the buck exceeds all of the other manufactures. I would say though that Chevy is very close behind. Both brands have great financing programs right now and in fact I believe that Chevy even has 0% for 72 months. Love my Tundra though:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have an 03 ram quad cab with the 5.7 in it. the only thing i dont like about it is the rear seat space. ive been in a supercrew,tundra,silverado all have more space than the ram. the tundra had the most room. cant give any advice on towing with any but my truck tows damn good for a half ton. i tow a 27 foot pontoon,a mud truck which is up around 6500 to 7000 pounds and it does it with ease. i also do have 456's so that may help also.there all nice trucks that have nice qualitys.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I usually chime in on these to say how happy I've been with the Chevy 1500 Vortec Max 4x4 4-door.

I like the ride of the 1/2 ton and the 6.0 does 350 HP and 10K towing with the HD trans and 410's which are stock on the Vortec Max. It's been a great truck and I get 15-16 MPG around town and up to 18 Hwy. Towing is 11-12.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did you go with the 5.7? How does it tow?
Yup. 2007 5.7L V8 Crewmax 4X4.

Empty I'm getting 17-18mpg on highway trips to the river at 76-78mph. About 15 mpg in town.

I tow a 25 Shockwave Tremor that weights about 6K lbs on the trailer. Its an EASY load for this truck. On some long tows the truck has returned 11.5-13mpg.

Also tow a 21 Ragen toyhauler that weights 6K dry. After water, gear, toys, etc, towing weight is in the 8-9K range. Mileage has been in the 8-10mpg range.

With these trailers - Never met a hill that has proven to be any challenge for this truck yet. Maintaining 60mph is easy work. Cajon, Tejon, I-40, up to Bridgeport, Ca on the 395, Onyx Summit, etc.

The pros in my experience are:
* Outstanding drive train. 381hp and 401lb of torque with the 6 speed tranny and a 4.30 rear end = towing and hill eater
* Best turning circle I've experienced.
* Ultra reliable
* High quality build. Not one issue
* Great economy given the power and weight of this truck
* Very stable towing experiences, even in windy conditions.
* Comfortable daily driver.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If you can hold on for a few months the 2009 Ford and Dodge all new "next generation" tucks will be out, and they are almost 90% new. More MPG, room, confort, power, etc. If you tow the Dodge will have a 375 HP HEMI in 1/2 ton that gets better MPG than current truck, 4 cyl mode etc. Another way to look at it is huge rebates on current models that may grow larger.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I vote Tundra but then I am partial since drive an '02 Tundra that has been an awesome vehicle. If was going to buy something would definitely be the new Tundra.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts