Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 455 olds .030 over, 512 lift cam with top end to match ,I have a single offy tunnel ram running a 750 demon carb. IS THIS ENGOUH carb for the motor, dont want to burn a hole in the piston. Thanks!

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a full mallory electronic setup also, just to let you guys know all the info. thanks for any help, its greatly apprecated

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
I have a 455 olds .030 over, 512 lift cam with top end to match ,I have a single offy tunnel ram running a 750 demon carb. IS THIS ENGOUH carb for the motor, dont want to burn a hole in the piston. Thanks!
My old Southwind with a 460 Ford and wet logs ran a 750 for a while. You didn't mention rather or not you had headers.

A 455" engine at 5,000 rpm's would use approx 658 cfm's.

Sleeper CP :D

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry I have wet logs on the boat, not sure if that makes a difference but sounds like my 750 will be ok.

·
use a BBC to pull a BBC
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
would you guys fatten up the jets or just leave it, the demon carbs tend to run a little higher than rated cfm from what I am told.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Plenty of carb, if you don't have mixture distribution problems (which tend to PLAGUE single 4-barrel TR setups). Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had a single carb. TR on my 468. My best setup was an 850 Holley double pumper with Mechanical Secondaries. Don't use a Vacume Secondary carb. The signal was not good and it just didn't run right. I also put on a 1.50 Tappered Spacer from Wilson Manifolds and it ran even better with no leaness issues.

So IMO with a Single carb. TR use an 850 Holley DP with Mechanical Secondaries with a 1.50 Wilson Manifolds Tappered Spacer. That combo should be just right and you should never have a problem.

here is a pic of the setup

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wouldnt run a single carb tunnel ram for the simple fact that all my friends would laugh at me.;)
I just loved the challenge of getting one to run right. I ran 72 mph, now it's time to move on to other things. I was laughed at a bit though LOL:D. Now it's Nirtous and a new manifold, I went with the Weiand Team G. Can't wait till Big River this weekend to see how it will run. I'll fill you all in later.

OverKill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts