Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a reminder and for those of you that don't know. Az law states you are responsible for your wake. So when you go cruisin by to close and your wave sinks my boat you are responsible for recovery and damage costs. Two boats sank due to other peoples f ups. So try to pay a lil better attention to whats going on around you. At least nobody was seriously injured.

·
Registered
615 Posts
common sense law says if your gonna boat in a little boat on a big weekend on havasu you better pay attention.. Im a jet boat ,flat bottom and big boat guy and when im in the low pro boats all I do is pay attention those wakes travel a long way especially when there are multiple going in one direction..not trying to start shit, but sometimes a bad decision is not someone elses responsibility....

·
Registered
121 Posts
this wasent on havasu! both were at apache lake, one was sunk at the gas pumps in a NO WAKE zone when a novice boater came through maken wake a swamped the dudes boat! The other was probably another beginer who cut in front of a few jet boats while they were raceing ! neither were do to small boat guys not paying attention.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Like I said before this is why I stay away from amature weekends.:)sphss

·
Registered
615 Posts
no wake zone guy needs a tune up! if ya know what I mean....Racing on a holiday weekend an a crowded lake putting yourself and all others at risk STUPID... unless its set up like the river or lost lake etc....once again not trying to start shiat JMO

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was actually after sundown which is illegal to be pulling any skiers. I get what ya mean. I'm not talk'n about a wave from 4 miles down the lake. I'm talk'n about 40 feet away.
I don't how you mean set up like the river or lost lake?? but at Apache after sundown the skiers pack it up and the fast boats come out.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I think the same law applies in CA as well

Just as a reminder and for those of you that don't know. Az law states you are responsible for your wake. So when you go cruisin by to close and your wave sinks my boat you are responsible for recovery and damage costs. Two boats sank due to other peoples f ups. So try to pay a lil better attention to whats going on around you. At least nobody was seriously injured.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I believe that rule is federal and applies everywhere. I am all for collectin for damage caused from a boaters wake. In my boater's safety course, a Columbia River told of a Navy ship going up river to Portland Or that was throwing a HUGE wake. The Captain didn't want to be the last ship to arrive. This caused lots of damage all the way up the river. The Navy covered it all.

The problem is proving who generated the wake the caused the damage. Were other wakes contributors to the damage? Did someone take pictures/videos that show the boat and its wake causing the damaged boat to sink? At a minimum you will need that kind of evidence plus eye witness accounts and expert testimony that the operator could not avoid the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
common sense law says if your gonna boat in a little boat on a big weekend on havasu you better pay attention.. Im a jet boat ,flat bottom and big boat guy and when im in the low pro boats all I do is pay attention those wakes travel a long way especially when there are multiple going in one direction..not trying to start shit, but sometimes a bad decision is not someone elses responsibility....
We all pay our 10 bux. Wake boats, Jet boats, v drives, Tooners and Ships. If your wake sinks my boat whatever weekend on whatever waters, your responsible!. (Central AZ lakes.) Havasu or any other waters, No difference. Just because a particular boat is bigger doesn't mean you get a special pass on waking another boat.

Jus saying.:D

It was actually after sundown which is illegal to be pulling any skiers. I get what ya mean. I'm not talk'n about a wave from 4 miles down the lake. I'm talk'n about 40 feet away.
I don't how you mean set up like the river or lost lake?? but at Apache after sundown the skiers pack it up and the fast boats come out.
Running at Sundown has been a tradition at Apache. Skiers have all day to play. Most share the waters. Most enjoy the racing. Its at the upper end of the lake at Burnt Corral Area. Believe me you can hear the boat running. You know there running hard. Or they are deaf.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Even Deaf, they can feel the vibrations of those guys running hard.......

I see everyones point, but I have to admit, our lil lakes are NO PLACE for some of these "offshore" style boats. They belong just there, offshore. Wakeboard boats are generally not the problem, it's the 30+ footers that even at 5mph throw a wake you could surf off of. Got a dent in my tailgate from last summer trying to trailer my lil Moo boat at Sag and these waves came in, bada bing! Just as I was trying to put the pin in! Crushed my sons hand, I banged my head on the tailgate with the boat....not pretty.

I had a near sinking incident involving two of them racing last fall as I was about to pull up a skier at Sag. They split me just outside a NWZ. But this past Sunday, I have to say, everyone gave me pretty wide berth and we were able to run pretty hard most of the day.

If you wanna show off your money, take the "Miami Vice" boat to San Diego where it belongs, or build a bitchen, proper, lake boat. I also have a big boat, 26', that, when done, will only see Sag for testing. It's only going to be used at Mead or Roosevelt as it should be.

Forgive my rant, but the recent incidents at Apache, and my friend losing his son at Elsinore due to similar conditions, something needs to be done.

Ray

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
I also have a big boat, 26', that, when done, will only see Sag for testing. It's only going to be used at Mead or Roosevelt as it should be.
Ray
So I hope on the day you are testing or running around mead I hope you dont sink any of the small boat guys that think your 26' doesn't belong there that day. I think you get the point now. It's everyone's lake. Stop complaining.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
So I hope on the day you are testing or running around mead I hope you dont sink any of the small boat guys that think your 26' doesn't belong there that day. I think you get the point now. It's everyone's lake. Stop complaining.
Knowing Ray I think he would watch out for his wake. I don't give a fug what kind, how big or how small. If your wake sinks or damages my boat, you are responsible.

Burnt Coral at Apache is and has always been known for the evening drags. Not too many people out there cant feel and hear them coming. Seriously, some of the boats are loud. You need to be pretty retarded to cross the path of these guys running.

We all paid our 10 bux. Regardless, you are responsible for you wake...

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Knowing Ray I think he would watch out for his wake. I don't give a fug what kind, how big or how small. If your wake sinks or damages my boat, you are responsible.

Burnt Coral at Apache is and has always been known for the evening drags. Not too many people out there cant feel and hear them coming. Seriously, some of the boats are loud. You need to be pretty retarded to cross the path of these guys running.

We all paid our 10 bux. Regardless, you are responsible for you wake...
I don't think you got my point. I don't know Ray, but don't make a statement about using big boats on lakes and saying they shouldn't be there. Then you go and say I will be using my 26' boat once in a while for testing only.

I don't disagree that if your speeding in a no wake zone you are responsible for your wake.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
I don't think you got my point. I don't know Ray, but don't make a statement about using big boats on lakes and saying they shouldn't be there. Then you go and say I will be using my 26' boat once in a while for testing only.

I don't disagree that if your speeding in a no wake zone you are responsible for your wake.
Naw I got it Dave. No disrespect to you. Thing is, here, 26 footer is far from a big boat. Some of the super cruisers here are better suited to a trip to Mexico rather than on our small lake. Some of the 30+ OS boats don't bother me as much as a newby Wake Boarder or worse, a experience cabin cruiser with his props pushing up just to throw a 6' wake. Who knows why this guy does it. He does.

Ray is one stand up guy. He is one of the nicest persons I've met on the water or land.

See you all in Parker 6 -25 26 27 :D :)hand

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
MHO is all boats over 21 feet belong in the Ocean.:D

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
The tuna cruiser that swamped my 19 Daytona was long gone, he came by too close and I did what I could. He fired up and chugged out with me trying to turn my rig around. I don't know if he saw what happened or even cared, but it caused me a bunch of trouble. We all need to be aware:)

·
ATTA BOY
2,348 Posts
The tuna cruiser that swamped my 19 Daytona was long gone, he came by too close and I did what I could. He fired up and chugged out with me trying to turn my rig around. I don't know if he saw what happened or even cared, but it caused me a bunch of trouble. We all need to be aware:)
Its cause your a RAIDERS fan. No love huh:D:D

1 - 20 of 102 Posts