Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much HP would a six valve bbc mechanical pump support? The ones i have are the older holley 712-454-1 pumps, with the 1/2NPT in/out. These are the preset psi ones, that dont require a regulator. blown carb setup. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
How much HP would a six valve bbc mechanical pump support? The ones i have are the older holley 712-454-1 pumps, with the 1/2NPT in/out. These are the preset psi ones, that dont require a regulator. blown carb setup. Thanks!
They will support 1200 HP. The pressure has very to do with the volume have very little to do with the volume they will move. But you do have to pay attention the line size in and out. A -10 in enough if the line isn't too long with too may fittings. To -10s to a Tee or tank switching valve, and a -10 from there will work.

a -8 to each side the carbs, split to feed the bowls on each side will suffice
Either run the -8s from a Tee manifold like Teague sells that screws right into the pump, or run a -10 to a tee that splits into two -8s and then two -6s for the bowls.

The secret is keeping the line size up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will support 1200 HP. The pressure has very to do with the volume have very little to do with the volume they will move. But you do have to pay attention the line size in and out. A -10 in enough if the line isn't too long with too may fittings. To -10s to a Tee or tank switching valve, and a -10 from there will work.

a -8 to each side the carbs, split to feed the bowls on each side will suffice
Either run the -8s from a Tee manifold like Teague sells that screws right into the pump, or run a -10 to a tee that splits into two -8s and then two -6s for the bowls.

The secret is keeping the line size up.

Awesome. I've always had good luck with these pumps in general. Love not having to use a regulator. Why on earth did holley stop making these ?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Buy the Clay smith pump. They are a great deal. I ran countless numbers of them and never an issue.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
The Claysmith will support what you need. George has a nice fuel log/regulator that he does. Give them a call Monday.

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
I's always better to pump more fuel than you need and bypass what you don't need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts