Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i remove the bottom half of my bravo for skeg repair??? Is there any gaskets that need to be replaced when i remove it and put it back on??

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
How do i remove the bottom half of my bravo for skeg repair??? Is there any gaskets that need to be replaced when i remove it and put it back on??
It's pretty easy,, just remove the 5 nuts, and the bolt under the trim tab, but be sure to drain the gear oil first! there is no gaskets inbetween the upper and lower! be fore you drop the lower be sure to put the boat in forward , as that will make it easier to reinstall, depending on how far your skag in broke, some places can fix it without pulling all the gears and shaft out! there is however a o-ring thats is between the upper and lower,where the oil flows from top to the bottom, be sure not to lose it, !

·
It's what we do
723 Posts
Ok, there is 6 nuts and one bolt under the trim tab anode on a Bravo I. Three o-rings; one around the driveshaft, one around the water pickup passage, and one small "quad ring" that seals the oil passage. There is no shifting on a Bravo I lower so DO NOT shift it with out the engine running!!! It is a cone clutch in the upper and can damage the shift fork and has nothing to do with the lower.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot B&D what do you guys charge if i bring you the lower for some repair. Its not wasted but i would like it back to specs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts