Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ski tow i have seems to be intended for stock/ low rise intakes. I have been using it by using 3'' bolts into the heads, and a nut to secure the intake. The bolts have started to bend, and yes, I used grade 8. Is there such an animal as a ski tow for an olds that will work with a torker intake?

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
See if you can find one that just 4 bolts to the back of the engine, the old's have enough issues with the intake already.

·
Horsepower sells Engines
402 Posts
Agree with that you dont want to get a big old boy like my uncle behind that pulling off three bolts and off the intake. i seen mine bend with all four bolts off the block. your just lucky your driving and not watching how much bend there really is there pulling 200+ lbs out of the water

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree with that you dont want to get a big old boy like my uncle behind that pulling off three bolts and off the intake. i seen mine bend with all four bolts off the block. your just lucky your driving and not watching how much bend there really is there pulling 200+ lbs out of the water
I have been driving, but I have also been the guy in the water, I am the heaviest person I usually tow (215 lbs), I can imagine the thing snapping while I am in a hard cut and it flys back and whacks me right in the head!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See if you can find one that just 4 bolts to the back of the engine, the old's have enough issues with the intake already.
Do you mean it only attatches to the flywheel cover bolts? sounds good, maybe the guys on "bethel brothers hotrod" still have the one on their boat.hil:)

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
The Ski tow i have seems to be intended for stock/ low rise intakes. I have been using it by using 3'' bolts into the heads, and a nut to secure the intake. The bolts have started to bend, and yes, I used grade 8. Is there such an animal as a ski tow for an olds that will work with a torker intake?
We make one specifically for the Torker. That's the good news. The bad news is I am out of stock and with business the way it is (poor) probably won't be running any until Feb-March. We need to run 25-50 at a shot to make it worthwhile.

While that's no immediate help, if you don't need till spring it could be your answer. Our torker tow mounts 2 on the intake and 2 on the bellhousing.

Mike

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We make one specifically for the Torker. That's the good news. The bad news is I am out of stock and with business the way it is (poor) probably won't be running any until Feb-March. We need to run 25-50 at a shot to make it worthwhile.

While that's no immediate help, if you don't need till spring it could be your answer. Our torker tow mounts 2 on the intake and 2 on the bellhousing.

Mike
Awesome! I wont need it till then, I will get in contact if I cant to find one that bolts to the bell housing, Hopefully it is tall enough to keep the rope off the headers.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Awesome! I wont need it till then, I will get in contact if I cant to find one that bolts to the bell housing, Hopefully it is tall enough to keep the rope off the headers.
Depending on the boat, if you find one that fits the bellhousing make sure it won't hit the transom. Seen that scenario before.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks Rexone, read and noted, I think most will clear.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Chance , risk life and limb in the pallet racks for this bad boy hope its what your lookin for ? Tom

ps the one in the background is a rare piece (with ski racks) says patent "Kona" boats ;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chance , risk life and limb in the pallet racks for this bad boy hope its what your lookin for ? Tom

ps the one in the background is a rare piece (with ski racks) says patent "Kona" boats ;)
Not seeing a pic Tom, and dont lie, I know you sent Josh up there to get it;). Tell Rhonda thanks for dealing with a ******* on the phone.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats the one, ship away.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cleaned er up

I did quite a bit of cleaning it up. It looks awesome, 99% of the rust is gone. Used 1000 grit, then my polishing kit. I am gong to try the photobucket route this time, tell me if they show up allright.
[/QUOTE] As sent
[/QUOTE]
Front after polishing

Back after polishing

Mounted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts