Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older ski tow that is suppose to be for a chevy, the guy I sold it to says it doesnt fit a BBC that it must be for something else. So are there any measurements that can be taken to see what it actually fits. I would try on my chevy but between the clearance and bell housing I just cant tell. I want to sell this but want to make sure its for the correct engine. Any help would be appreciated...

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
As of right now I have several ski tows, one BBC, one BBF, one FE Ford, and one Olds. Measure how far apart the bolt holes are on yours and I'll try and match it up to one of mine.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I had one like that that fit my bbc great until I slapped on a set of brodix heads, I'm not sure how many aftermarket heads also "deleted" intake holes. I don't know if thats your issue or not , just throwin it out there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks H2O, that could be part of the problem too.

Hotrod, if your looking at the pic uptop then the top posts measure 10/4 center to center across <--->. The bottom mesures 7 3/4 center to center across <--->. From top post to bottom post is 7 1/4 down. Hope this helps..:)bulb

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

Hotrod, if your looking at the pic uptop then the top posts measure 10/4 center to center across <--->. The bottom mesures 7 3/4 center to center across <--->. From top post to bottom post is 7 1/4 down. Hope this helps..:)bulb

I got one for a SBC.. ill compare mine too.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Those measurements don't match (or come close to) any of the ski tows that I have. There is more than one way that ski tows can mount, maybe thats' part of it as well.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts

It might be an optical illusion (and my bad eyes), but the pic looks like it's upside down and the measurements would be reversed.

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
I have an older ski tow that is suppose to be for a chevy, the guy I sold it to says it doesnt fit a BBC that it must be for something else. So are there any measurements that can be taken to see what it actually fits. I would try on my chevy but between the clearance and bell housing I just cant tell. I want to sell this but want to make sure its for the correct engine. Any help would be appreciated...

I had one like that that fit my bbc great until I slapped on a set of brodix heads, I'm not sure how many aftermarket heads also "deleted" intake holes. I don't know if thats your issue or not , just throwin it out there.

Looks like a std chevy jet tow from the pic. They do use 2 bolts in the end of the stock heads though, and the top 2 bellhousing bolts.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback, So its still up in the air on what this is for????

Rex, you said it looks like a std chevy. Do you have any measurements for a std chevy jet or vdrive? I would like to get rid of this but... I really need to find out what it fits. It doesnt appear to be bent but could be slighty tweeked.

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

Rex, you said it looks like a std chevy. Do you have any measurements for a std chevy jet or vdrive? I would like to get rid of this but... I really need to find out what it fits. It doesnt appear to be bent but could be slighty tweeked.

Thanks again,
Chris
Define "STD Chevy".

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts

Thanks again,
Chris
If you can stand it up and take a pic of the bolt on end straight on I can likely ID it for sure...

yes bbc jet is what I think it is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts