Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am building me a 406ci sbc for a 3900 pound truck for bracket racing. The truck has an auto trans with 3000 stall. 4.10 gear. Want to run pump gas. Shooting for 10.5 to 1 comp. Gonna be a solid roller 247/[email protected] 106lsa 585 lift (but will be using 1.6 rollers cause already got those)
Want to run flat top pistons for better flame travel. Will have steel crank (scat or eagle) 6 inch steel H beam rods (scat) A super victor and hp 750 dbl pumper will be on top. What aluminum heads do you guys think will be a good choice without braking the bank would be? Depending on size of valve reliefs (cc) I am guessing 72cc chambers is what I will need. Also, what intake runner size?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
3900lbs I would ditch the victor and go with a performer rpm air gap and maybe a one inch open spacer your gonna need some torque to move a truck I know from experience

there are a zllion heads to chose from how much do you have to spend on heads, I think car craft runs a sbc head article every 3 months I seems like :bangmyhead:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My first vehicle was a 1972 Chevy 4x4 stepside (farm version) (?) dana 44 front, GM production drop out in rear 4;10 with 40" Dick Cepeks, manual 4 with that super low granny 1st.....and a 406 sb, f'n great engine for the size, surprising what it would do really with all that weight.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Procrap<<<<<<<<<<<<<<You are here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AFR

Where do you want to start, on the left side or the right.

GN, 1st I gotta say I always smile when I read your posts!! (damn smiley thingy's don't work)
No Projunk for me! I want some Republican heads damnit!!!!

Is the AFR's all the way on the right? How does Dart pro 1 sit on the right side of the scale? Brodix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked out the AFR Eliminator racing heads. They are some damn nice heads!! I think I will run those.

Thanks to all that chimed in!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts