Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke to a racer from up north who has been doing very well in the FX create engine class the past 2 seasons. I didnt get to any races this year so perhaps to some this is "old news" but aparently people are really getting those little GM ZZ4 boats dialed in! This racer just informed me they with ALOT of messing with the pump/intake/boat setup they have gone over 90 MPH with a personal GPS best of 93.2 ! Thats really moving with a 355 hp GM crate motor!

:)devil

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
i want 1:)devil i've gotta zz4 longblock sitting in my barn, it used too much oil and i had to pull it out and warranty it, bought the core(zz4 longblock) for 100bucks:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just spoke to a racer from up north who has been doing very well in the FX create engine class the past 2 seasons. I didnt get to any races this year so perhaps to some this is "old news" but aparently people are really getting those little GM ZZ4 boats dialed in! This racer just informed me they with ALOT of messing with the pump/intake/boat setup they have gone over 90 MPH with a personal GPS best of 93.2 ! Thats really moving with a 355 hp GM crate motor!

:)devil

slightly off topic, but i have a 2007 gto motor and harness that claims to put out 450hp. i am thinking about swapping it into my 18' jet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Xero, I guess the old logic that a ZZ4 can't carry a tunnel is out the window. I think its cool that they are getting all the speed from a ZZ4 but its probably not good for FX class, It makes my little 15' sprint totally obsolete and makes this "entry level" class a little out of reach for the average guy. A few years ago if I could finish I could place and I was lucky to be running 75mph, I'm thinking that giving up 20mph is no way to race.

I still need a new ZZ4 to get me back in business, maybe its time to go back to non-race trim and just have fun scaring the crap out of my fiberglass riding buddies from time to time-Aluminum Squirt

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Xero, I guess the old logic that a ZZ4 can't carry a tunnel is out the window. I think its cool that they are getting all the speed from a ZZ4 but its probably not good for FX class, It makes my little 15' sprint totally obsolete and makes this "entry level" class a little out of reach for the average guy. A few years ago if I could finish I could place and I was lucky to be running 75mph, I'm thinking that giving up 20mph is no way to race.

I still need a new ZZ4 to get me back in business, maybe its time to go back to non-race trim and just have fun scaring the crap out of my fiberglass riding buddies from time to time-Aluminum Squirt
If that runs 90+ with 355hp than anyone can hang with it.........You can build a reliable 355hp for close to nothing!!

Travis

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
slightly off topic, but i have a 2007 gto motor and harness that claims to put out 450hp. i am thinking about swapping it into my 18' jet
get the msd intake/ignition kit, it'll make it easyyyyy to drop into a boat;) hp isn't gonna suffer changing it to a carb:)bulb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.