Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot duplicate the problem. I just made a fairly major upgrade though and hopefully it fixed the issue. Can those of you who were having issues with the smiles before please check to see it you are still having problems. In fact, if you are or are not having problems please post with the following info:

1. Browser Type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
2. When the crash or lockup occurs. (when you add the smilie, hit post or other).

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Works now.:)st:partyguy::sleeping::)bit:signhuh::spam::raining::)Violin:bangmyhead:

The screen would lock, no WYSIWYG editing, now it's gone.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I do not use WYSIWYG editor and have never seen this issue on Firefox.

:shhh: :)Unsure :duh: :))THumbsUp :))ThumbsDwn :)eh:)

·
The King
1,107 Posts
Still jacked up.

As soon as I click on one of the icons, I get a window that pops up that says "performanceboats,com is not responding" and it has a button that says 'recover webpage'. Once I click on that, it takes about 20 seconds and the page refreshes and I loose whatever I just typed.

I use Windows 9. Recently updated from Windows 7. Had this problem back then too...

Doesn't happen on other sites.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
:))eek:))
worked for me and i was having the not responding problem.
Later I'll try to post up a couple pictures, cause that was doing the same thing....

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Lemme see here:)eh:):)Unsure:shock::)devil:roudolf:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The problem has plagued me for a while as well. :happy: :))eek:)) :(((((( :duh: :hmmm: :)devil :))THumbsUp Looks like it's working now though!

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Only time it crapped the bed for me was yesterday while the update was going on...:no: couldn't even do nothing.

But I like having more smiley's right there without having to open another window. Here are my favorite ones...

:bug::flowerysmileqh2::dogrun:

·
Registered
580 Posts
The only problem I was having was some time it wouldn't install the smilies on windows:)eh:):wink2::wink2::)bulb:punch: they seem to be working today tho.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Here's the issue I thought you were talking about, because it has been rather persistent on mine, on my laptop running Vista, or at work running XP: when i type, there is no availability to edit. If I see that I fat fingered a word, I usually go back with the cursor and correct that letter. When it acts up, I can't use the cursor, and the "edit line" (I'm sure it's called something else, but the line that shows where your next keystroke will land on the "page") disappears. When that happens, the only way to correct a typo is to backspace everything off and retype the entire entry from that point. I don't type all that well, so this is a pain. That's what I mean when I say it doesn't What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). This started when all the smilyies showed up on the right side of the screen, instead of just nine or so. The flashing ad banners on top may be part of it, too.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it looks like we got about 50% better. I am going to remove some of the smilies and see if that helps a little. I will shave 8 or so off and see what happens.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
testing.

Yup, works

:thumb:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Google Chrome

It works with Chrome.:)eh:):shhh::grin::D;):)grn:))THumbsUp:)sphss

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I just got the not responding on an edit.
I tried to put a smilie in this post and got it again

gettin pissed

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Either problem isn't fixed or is back. Windows 7, adding smiley in a post and PB freezes up. Pop up say's Performance Boats not responding. Refreshes, but loosing everything I wrote. Happened 4 times in a row, so I gave up on the smiley's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts