Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You can get $25.00 worth of food at some of your favorite restaurants for only $2.00!!

This is a killer deal for dining out. Restaurant.com is having a 80% off sale on their certificates. Promotional code: SANTA.

I have purchased certificates here before and they work great. Just put in your zip code and specify the radius you want to do the search. You can get a $25 gift certificate at great restaurants for $10.00 minus 80% off = $2.00. The current promotional code is: SANTA. Obviously there are some minimums but the best deal I have seen so far is you can use the $25.00 certificate as long as your check is $35.00 or more. Some have a minimum of $50.00 to use the $25.00 certificate.

Not too many places where you can buy currency at less than 10 cents on the dollar at a location where you know you will be eating at.

Also, the cool thing about gift certificates in California is that they cannot have an expiration date. I just ordered a bunch to some of our favorite restaurants.

http://www.restaurant.com/

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
Great tip. Just ordered about 200.00 for 20 bucks. Perfect.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
How do you know this is all legit?

Almost seems too good to be true.....

If it is true......order some from Baja Willies in Huntington Beach. I know the owners daughter and she is basically running the place now. If you do get some her name is Sasha and tell her Tom from Bullhead sent you their direction. Thanks

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you know this is all legit?

Almost seems too good to be true.....

If it is true......order some from Baja Willies in Huntington Beach. I know the owners daughter and she is basically running the place now. If you do get some her name is Sasha and tell her Tom from Bullhead sent you their direction. Thanks
Tom. I have used them at 3 of our favorite restaurants here in Thousand Oaks. They are legit and they work great. This is the 3rd time I have ordered over $200.00 worth of certificates. Other than a pretty low minimum of food ordered, I think you can't use another certificate for the same restaurant within 30 days. But, they never expire. That's the deal.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Tom. I have used them at 3 of our favorite restaurants here in Thousand Oaks. They are legit and they work great. This is the 3rd time I have ordered over $200.00 worth of certificates. Other than a pretty low minimum of food ordered, I think you can't use another certificate for the same restaurant within 30 days. But, they never expire. That's the deal.
I will take your word for it. I think I will partake in some as the deals seem outstanding.

Thanks

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope they work for you.
I just don't like it when i whip one out, and the staff has to have a 30 min conference on what to do about it.
I always just hand it to them when we order the food. It is pretty simple for them to validate. There is a toll free # on the certificate for a staff member to call. It takes them about 2 or 3 minutes to process it. The certificates do have serial numbers so you obviously can't reuse them and you print them out on your own printer at home.

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will take your word for it. I think I will partake in some as the deals seem outstanding.

Thanks
Yup. The killer deals are where they only require your check to be a minimum of $35.00. They add a gratuity of 18% on the pre-discounted balance which equals less than $7.00. You hand them the certificate and your outta there for $17.00. Not a bad deal for those mid price range ($12-$15/plate) restaurants.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I just printed some out. Seems I will be going to these rest. 4 consecutive months...lol Can't combine them and it sounds like they track them so...

You can't for instance have your friend use one today and then you use one tomorrow at the same rest as the second one won't be valid until the next month :(.

Oh well.....I will use the ones I got and it only cost me $16. for 8 $25. certificates.

One more thing....I ordered Buffalo Wild Wings because our company softball team plays on Monday nights and it is close by the field. I was going to treat the guys before/after a game. This one is not good on Mondays....lol Figures! Just read the restrictions to know when you can/can't use them and you are good to go.

·
I am Roger..the Shrubber
1,080 Posts
Glancing at the list of restaurants I can say this much...

The places listed on the that are customers (in the OC) and they owe me money (lotsa money). I'm sure some sales guy strolls in and says "Hey, I can help your business...the catch is it's 50% off but where you win is nobody cashes in gift certificates". I'm sure it's legit but I can tell you about 6 restaurants in OC that might not be there after January. I'm not throwing anyone under the bus. Just be careful.

If you buy some you better use them ASAP.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts