Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· mo balls than $cents$
11,635 Posts
don't do it...never a day off. If ya take a vacation the scumbags don't wanna pay..If ya need any expert advice I have a freind that was in it for about 10 years. I would give ya his phone number..
x2, don't do it, you'll die young with a heart attack from the stress of trying to get paid all the time;)

· Registered
1,186 Posts
there is both good and bad. the thing is selling the tools is great but you got to try to collect a weekly payment from the person. if the bus shuts down or they move now you got to try and track them down. also the weekly payment is sort of a hand shake agreement to pay and if they split gooood luck collecting. in the meantime you got to keep truck stocked eith tools. if you can try to do a internet sales that way you pay then you get

· Premium Member
1,522 Posts
matco tools is quickly becoming #1 in high quality tools. we have a matco and snapon guy that come to the shop and everyone prefers matco...tools, deals, and affordability is better. not to mention everything i have heard indicates its easier and more affordable to get a truck going with matco then with snapon. something to think about if you are serious about doing it.

AP

· Registered
617 Posts
I would check with the others like Matco first over Snapon. snapon changed something in thier dealer program a couple of years ago that hurts your profitability and some other things. Also check your route and make sure it will be a good one before you invest, now that times are slow and see shops droping every month. Good luck.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
There is a married couple in Havasu the own two trucks. I am sure that they would be glad to give you some of the pluses and minuses...

Steve
That married couple is Ron & Sue Gorton they sold the routes about a year ago to a guy named Russ Amos.Ron & Sue moved to Colorado and bought another Snapon route there.Seemed like they did very well for themselves.
Russ is a very nice guy and keeps his truck stocked as good as any.

· Registered
3,840 Posts
There is a married couple in Havasu the own two trucks. I am sure that they would be glad to give you some of the pluses and minuses...

Steve
I'm not sure if this is the same guy but my Snap-On man is Fred Haas out of Lake Havasu, AZ. If you want his contact information let me know.

· Registered
3,840 Posts
don't be a pushy prick like my snap on guy i dont buy shit from him because of that
big kahunaa, is Fort Mohave your home base? If so, the snap on man in that area SUCKS!! Or use to at least. That's why I started buying Mac Tools because Russ (Mac Tools guy) would come over to Mohave Generating Station every Friday morning, as for the Snap-on man, it could be weeks before I would see him.. Plus he screwed me on my 1/2" drive torque wrench.:|err

· Registered
151 Posts
big kahunaa, is Fort Mohave your home base? If so, the snap on man in that area SUCKS!! Or use to at least. That's why I started buying Mac Tools because Russ (Mac Tools guy) would come over to Mohave Generating Station every Friday morning, as for the Snap-on man, it could be weeks before I would see him.. Plus he screwed me on my 1/2" drive torque wrench.:|err
home base for 22 years i live right up the street from your old man on the corner of south and ash now that the matco girl had to go back to the army all i have is snap on i wish the mac guy would stop here i like mac tools the best

· Registered
128 Posts
Hi, have been a dealer for the last 26 years, as you can tell by the comments there is good and bad about just about anything, depends on what you want out of it, the business is the same for all the dealers, just the decal changes so it is not for everyone, talk to everyone but make up your own mind. i can say that I have had over 30 competing dealers come into and out of the business since I have been at it, the average guy lasts about 3 years no matter which company he chooses, word to the wise, email at [email protected] if you want more info.
Jerry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.