Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a snipper on my blown 454 Sanger. I need some input on my problem. I’m new to efi and ok with a computer. My tune is a guess I would say because my 02 sensor is positioned wrong because the pipe is not long enough. I got dry bassetts. Does anyone have any ideas for me Please. Do I just turn off the learn and keep checking my plugs and hope it’s not to lean. All the snipper info is on cars not boats so I’m having a bit of trouble with building a timing chart so let me know if you can help me out I would appreciate it very much. Thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
I put a snipper on my blown 454 Sanger. I need some input on my problem. I’m new to efi and ok with a computer. My tune is a guess I would say because my 02 sensor is positioned wrong because the pipe is not long enough. I got dry bassetts. Does anyone have any ideas for me Please. Do I just turn off the learn and keep checking my plugs and hope it’s not to lean. All the snipper info is on cars not boats so I’m having a bit of trouble with building a timing chart so let me know if you can help me out I would appreciate it very much. Thanks
If its a Holley it should start within a range. I had an HP full MPEFI system and it was a real pain on a boat. I blew out O2 sensors and couldnt keep them from getting moisture. Eventually took it off.

You should have the ability to look at the data log. Do you have that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do have data log and at idle it says it’s lean 28 to 1 but at high rpm when it isn’t allowing air into the pipe it runs 14/1!! I put a lot of hard earned money into my motor and can’t afford to blow it up. I think my best bet is to take it to a dyno tuner that does this for a living and can give me a conservative tune. Thanks for your input Sir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts