Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or are there a lot of people turning to this to make up for lost income in this slower market?

I have 2 friends now that I have put on the do not answer list because of this. Everytime they call it is a meeting or a sales pitch I need to hear about.

Anyone else encountering this problem?

I am not trying to ruffle feathers here, just simply inquiring.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Is it just me, or are there a lot of people turning to this to make up for lost income in this slower market?

I have 2 friends now that I have put on the do not answer list because of this. Everytime they call it is a meeting or a sales pitch I need to hear about.

I'm with you on that, everytime I turn around someone is trying to sell me Pre-paid legal, Monavie, or whatever else is supposedly the new Amway...

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Man, I was just seeing if you wanted to play golf, not trying to sell you anything... :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

Yup got a few buddies that call occasionally to invite me to meetings. I swear they tell them at the meetings to target any friends that are in the real estate/mortgage industry.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts

Jordy with his Golf outing, and me just trying to sell you some Tupperware to hold the Jello-shots at the lake.:(:(

Don't be so parinoia, and just pick-up the dam phone:D;):D:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Jordy with his Golf outing, and me just trying to sell you some Tupperware to hold the Jello-shots at the lake.:(:(

I did notice that he took his phone number out of his signature... I was going to ask what he expected with his number there for all the world to see... just asking for people to call and try and sell ya stuff. :D

·
Banned
989 Posts

hey, its not your run o the mill crapperware were talkin about here :D

·
Unleashedclothing
278 Posts

LOL..I've had 3 friends try to sell me some different crap the past few months. First was the next big energy drink made from the wild tropical jungles of africa..next was the great amazing water purification machine(4000.00)that cures cancer..then the wonderful monavie made from the most perfect berry in the world...the stuff had the consistency of ketchup...ewwwwwwwwww.....Im begining to think the world is coming to and end soon! What are you selling Justin???;)

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore
20% off all online orders..use code hardcore2008

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL..I've had 3 friends try to sell me some different crap the past few months. First was the next big energy drink made from the wild tropical jungles of africa..next was the great amazing water purification machine(4000.00)that cures cancer..then the wonderful monavie made from the most perfect berry in the world...the stuff had the consistency of ketchup...ewwwwwwwwww.....Im begining to think the world is coming to and end soon! What are you selling Justin???;)

Deano

http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore
20% off all online orders..use code hardcore2008
Not selling anything, but I am brushing up on my, "why is Justin such a prick" lines!

I don't feel the slightest bit bad when I tell them, not a chance in hell.....!!!

1st it was the tattoo artist with a bottle of Mangosteen juice. I walked in and said don't even tell me about that bottle of juice or I will leave.

2nd it was a buddy that I see quite a bit and ride with tying to sell me on some travel agancy bullshit.

3rd it was another buddy with the travel crap 2nite. he is having a "Beer and Business" meeting at his house! Sign my name on the aint gonna attend that crap list.

I don't want to be known as "THAT" guy to all my friends! Oh ***** it's justin calling!!!! What is he trying to sell now!

I will just stick to being a prick!!! :)devil

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Not selling anything, but I am brushing up on my, "why is Justin such a prick" lines!

I don't feel the slightest bit bad when I tell them, not a chance in hell.....!!!

1st it was the tattoo artist with a bottle of Mangosteen juice. I walked in and said don't even tell me about that bottle of juice or I will leave.

2nd it was a buddy that I see quite a bit and ride with tying to sell me on some travel agancy bullshit.

3rd it was another buddy with the travel crap 2nite. he is having a "Beer and Business" meeting at his house! Sign my name on the aint gonna attend that crap list.

I don't want to be known as "THAT" guy to all my friends! Oh ***** it's justin calling!!!! What is he trying to sell now!

I've always taken this approach with my real estate business. The last thing i wanna do is pester my friends about buying or selling real estate. They know its what I do and I just have to hope they remember to call me when the time comes.

By the way....anyone thinking about buying or selling their home? :)devil:D:)sphss J/K

·
639 Posts
I did the MLM deal a while back. I gave it a good run, but eventually found out everyone was full of crap, no one made the money they claimed, and all their "stories" were complete misrepresentations....but I was "Mr. Negative." Now, I hate them with a passion because most are full of crap. When someone approaches me, I tell them don't bother. If they keep at it, I tell them I will wreck their day with facts and logic...the kryptonite of MLM's.

I love the people that say "I am leading the expansion in this area and am building my power leg that will control all the distribution in this area and we are looking for motivated people who want to make $30k a month." Reality

·
(aka my21advantage)
382 Posts

1st friend tried to sell me on Ultimate Travel Choice...

2nd friend trying to sell Monavie...

I keep saying no, does that make me a prick too like Justin?:D

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I don't want to be known as "THAT" guy to all my friends! Oh ***** it's justin calling!!!! What is he trying to sell now?
Oh, you meant "THAT selling something" guy... You're safe over here. :D

And I get a free set of clubs????;)

There is a catch, there always is!! :D:D:D
Whatever you work out with Don is up to you, that's the catch!!! :D

You're catching on quick!!! :D

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1st friend tried to sell me on Ultimate Travel Choice...

2nd friend trying to sell Monavie...

Whats been going on J? How is life in the OC?

Being a prick consists of alot more than saying no.:)devil

Holla next time you make it out here.

·
(aka my21advantage)
382 Posts
Whats been going on J? How is life in the OC?

Being a prick consists of alot more than saying no.:)devil

Holla next time you make it out here.

Doing good bro...going to the Kool Aid Regatta this weekend in Havasu. We definitely need to hang out again, but I'm working on getting my work to pay for it (AGAIN).:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts