Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
She and her husband are in Havasu for the Shockwave Regatta.. That's the good part.

The bad part... Apparently someone doesn't know how to properly attach the trailer to the truck.

I guess this was over at the Nautical sometime over the weekend. They're truck is probably a total and the worst part, the guys trailer that ran off, he's on his boat hanging out at the turtle like nothing ever happened.... WTF? If I did some shit like that, I couldn't stay there and party. I'd have to bail.

Attachments

· Member In Training
1,886 Posts
Like the old saying goes, "You just can't fix stupid".....

· "The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
I am glad noone was hurt, the tongue/bow intrusion to the passenger compartment of the dually could have caused some major bodily damage.

Some kind of boating license would've prevented that...right?

Brian

· "The" masheenist
5,381 Posts
I would certainly think it can/could prevent some accidents.

I don't know if this is one that could have been prevented but I'd like to think so.
You are serious? I meant my post as sarcasm.

I wonder if the driver of said boat trailer has a drivers license.

· Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are serious? I meant my post as sarcasm.

I wonder if the driver of said boat trailer has a drivers license.
I was serious... only because the facts of this particular case blow my mind..

1. Wrong size ball.

2. No safety cables.

3. No brake cable.

The trailer cut loose from the rig. It wasn't parked and
un-hooked.

This are things that a course or class could teach someone.
The guy obviously doesn't know WTF he's doing and needs to be
shown.

The cab of the truck is focked. You can't get in or sit on the passenger
side of the cab, front or back.

· Registered
782 Posts
Well guys im going to chime in here. I have owned boats for 25 plus years. I have also owned or pulled snowmobile trailers and I drive a tractor trailer that I put about a 100K miles on a year.

I am one of these STUPID PEOPLE.....I had just finished my resto on my 73 Nordic. I had a couple friends come over and we were headed to the river for my first ride in the BOAT. I had this big ASS smile on my FACE!!!!! :D

We got about a half mile from my house when I hit a bump and the trailer came un hooked from my pick-up. Long story short I had one of those three size ball thingys and I put on a 1 7/8 ball the day before and had a 2 5/16 trailer on it the next DAY!!!!!! The safety chains snapped like a couple twigs and three years of work passed me on a two LANE ROAD!!!! :mad:

By some chance in hell it hit a bump and made a hard right turn and went off the road where it got caught on a steep drop off. Another words it didn't get a SCRATCH!!!!!!! The trailer just Stopped.

Sooooooooo I TRIPLE check everything before I pull out of the driveway. ;)

My point to my little story is ......... IT CAN HAPPEN VERY EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
421 Posts
towing trailers alot i also learned the hard way,i was lucky and when mine came off i was almost at a dead stop at a light so it just bumped the rear bumper alittle,new rule,hook it up then jack the dolly wheel back down to make sure shes on.10 secounds of cranking saves you lots of repair dollars.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.