Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my pup who destroyed the last stuff is kind of eye-balling the soft leather. I see this and decide to go buy her a whole bunch of new chew toys and so forth. I spent a fair amount of money on it and try to pick out the most sturdy chew toys I can find. Been home 5 minutes and she has already chewed up the "industructable" bone that cost me $10. WTF! Well, at least it is keeping her away from the furniture but.....what is it with this cheap shit? I am hoping the other stuff last a little longer :(

Oh ya....if she does attack the furniture look for this pup up for adoption :). She is a killa I tell ya!

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Get a "KONG" and put peanut butter inside it.. It'll keep your pup busy for hours.. LOL

RD

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a "KONG" and put peanut butter inside it.. It'll keep your pup busy for hours.. LOL

RD
Believe it or not she hates peanut butter Dave. She also never liked the Kong things. I got her one before and she never even messed with it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What breed is she? Looks Border Collie mix.
I had a dog that looked very similar that I had to finally let go of two years ago to Cancer.

They can get into all kinds of stuff.
My Aussie cattle dog destroyed every plant in the house in his first two years... What a freakin' mess...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nylabone. The hard white one. Trust me, she won't go through that quickly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
my pup who destroyed the last stuff is kind of eye-balling the soft leather. I see this and decide to go buy her a whole bunch of new chew toys and so forth. I spent a fair amount of money on it and try to pick out the most sturdy chew toys I can find. Been home 5 minutes and she has already chewed up the "industructable" bone that cost me $10. WTF! Well, at least it is keeping her away from the furniture but.....what is it with this cheap shit? I am hoping the other stuff last a little longer :(

Oh ya....if she does attack the furniture look for this pup up for adoption :). She is a killa I tell ya!

our 8lb behemith mowed through a toy very similar to that one in like 10 minutes. the stuffing was everywhere. lol.

he is also not interested in those kong things. he needs something that he can tear up. :D

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bitter Apple spray....
I tried that and it didn't phase her in the least. I actually soaked a bone in it and watched her eat the damn thing....lol

her big thing now is she tries to kill anything in the yard in AZ. This includes lizards that high tail it into bushes. She has beat the shit out of multiple bushes out there and comes into the house smelling like rosemary all the time :)

She is a pit-shepard mix and weighs between 65-70 lbs now at about 16 months. Here is a pic where you can see it in her more:

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
our 8lb behemith mowed through a toy very similar to that one in like 10 minutes. the stuffing was everywhere. lol.

he is also not interested in those kong things. he needs something that he can tear up. :D
That pic was when she was about 5 months old and she never would tear it up. If she choose to that thing would be gone in 2 minutes tops.....lol

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nylabone. The hard white one. Trust me, she won't go through that quickly.
I went to Petco and couldn't find any. PetsMart is much better. She has a couple of those in AZ and they do seem to last but I wanted to mix it up a bit for her.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Believe it or not she hates peanut butter Dave. She also never liked the Kong things. I got her one before and she never even messed with it.
Get a treadmill and a harness.. Put the dog on the treadmill and tie the harness to it, come back in 30 minutes.. No more furniture problem. ;)

RD

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
My Border Collie was a terror up until about 14 months... He finally grew out of it and has matured a lot since he ate our new couch...

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bitter Apple spray....
I tried that....soaked a bone in the bitter apple stuff and she ate it and didn't even flinch.

As far as her shepard mix....I never saw the parents so I don't know what type shephard but I suspect it was some kind of herding bred as she has a natrual tendency to do that.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get a treadmill and a harness.. Put the dog on the treadmill and tie the harness to it, come back in 30 minutes.. No more furniture problem. ;)

RD
lol......I really think the big problem with her is in AZ we go to the lake and she has a yard to play in with all sorts of creatures coming and going. Out here in CA we are stuck in a condo and she hates it. Such is life :)

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
my Boston is the same way.....buy her a toy and she shreds it before you even get home from the store. The things that she can't shred she dosen't much care to play with.

She has rined several heavy duty frisbees....somehow cracks it and and then stands on it while pulling until it ripsin half. She did in one of boat cops flyers in a matter of seconds...lol

She goes bat shit for those squeaking tennis balls and will rip the squeaker out in a matter of seconds. I have found that the trainer(slower rebound) tennis balls are the best.

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
Be careful with Nylabone's they can splinter and cause a choking or obstruction problem.

I would get her a Kong, fill it with plain yogurt and freeze it. If she doesn't like that, the next best thing in the whole world is a marrow bone. SUPER cheap from the meat counter and will last several days. If you decide to try that, let me know as there's a few things for you to do the first time you give it to her.

Also, you're right. It's the lack of excercise that's causing the destructive behavior in Ca.:)hand

·
Registered
292 Posts
Try these

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750990&lmdn=Dog+Toys

You can find them at Petco or Petsmart. My Bulldog can rip through a nylabone but he cannot get this apart. They come in all shapes...footballs, small & big balls. He loves it and they are pretty squishy, so you can throw them around the house and not have to worry about it.

Yeah I know.... squishy big balls...save the jokes people. :)sphss

1 - 20 of 32 Posts