Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after years and years of having directv, i made the switch to verizon fios in an attempt to save some cash.

i only had a few hours to mess around with it, but it seems pretty cool. i need to get used to it because all the channels are different and the format layout is different. there are some things that fios has that directv doesn't that i enjoy.

when i called to inquire about how to go about the cancellation, the lady i spoke with never mentioned any type of incentive to keep me as a customer. after the fios was installed, i called directv to cancel and the guy starts to tell me that due to my loyalty and years of being a customer, he could've given me a bunch on discounts and savings:|err:|err:|err

why didnt they say anything the first time i called?:)st:D

i feel the same way when i switched from chevy to ford.

needless to say, i am back with chevy:)devil

i will give it some time to get used to. like i said before, there are some things that i enjoy more with fios ... but we shall see what happens

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
after years and years of having directv, i made the switch to verizon fios in an attempt to save some cash.

i only had a few hours to mess around with it, but it seems pretty cool. i need to get used to it because all the channels are different and the format layout is different. there are some things that fios has that directv doesn't that i enjoy.

when i called to inquire about how to go about the cancellation, the lady i spoke with never mentioned any type of incentive to keep me as a customer. after the fios was installed, i called directv to cancel and the guy starts to tell me that due to my loyalty and years of being a customer, he could've given me a bunch on discounts and savings:|err:|err:|err

why didnt they say anything the first time i called?:)st:D

i feel the same way when i switched from chevy to ford.

needless to say, i am back with chevy:)devil

i will give it some time to get used to. like i said before, there are some things that i enjoy more with fios ... but we shall see what happens

did you get fios internet at the same time? I have fios internet and it's very fast.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you get fios internet at the same time? I have fios internet and it's very fast.
we already had the phone service as well as internet. i was still under contract with directv up until the end of march. we are happy with the phone and internet service, but with us making the switch from directv to fios, it will save us about $40-50 a month.

that can add up over the course of a year.:)devil

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
we already had the phone service as well as internet. i was still under contract with directv up until the end of march. we are happy with the phone and internet service, but with us making the switch from directv to fios, it will save us about $40-50 a month.

that can add up over the course of a year.:)devil
Yes, i was thinking very hard about that this year, my directv is up in july...the only drawback is my RV has satellite, and i wouldn't be able to watch it from there if i change to fios tv . I just throw a box from home in there.:(

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
My Direct TV contract is up in September and was surprised that they raised my rate by about $4 a month. I cant cancel early but they can raise the rates. Might have to look into Fios.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Direct TV contract is up in September and was surprised that they raised my rate by about $4 a month. I cant cancel early but they can raise the rates. Might have to look into Fios.
i thought about it for a while ... and like i said there are some things that i do like with the fios.

change is hard. its just something i need to get used to, i guess.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Never heard of fios. I have comcast here in Fresno. I used to pay 50 dollars for basic no frills cable. Now it's up to 75 dollars per month. Another 50 for the internet and I'm paying 125 per month. Total BS. I'm ready to switch to something else.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never heard of fios. I have comcast here in Fresno. I used to pay 50 dollars for basic no frills cable. Now it's up to 75 dollars per month. Another 50 for the internet and I'm paying 125 per month. Total BS. I'm ready to switch to something else.

Geoff
verizon fios ... fiber optic cable. my house was pre-wired for fiber optic when it was built.

my bundle package consists of internet, phone service, and cable (minus premium channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, etc) for a total of about $120-130 month.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're ready to dump Charter...sounds like Verizon is the way to go...:cool:
we had charter for interent ... i think i got a couple of new gray hairs from that thing. it was constantly failing ... constantly being on the phone with them.

too frustrating

·
U Member, Member?
639 Posts
Yes, i was thinking very hard about that this year, my directv is up in july...the only drawback is my RV has satellite, and i wouldn't be able to watch it from there if i change to fios tv . I just throw a box from home in there.:(

so your saying you can use your dtv dish to tune in on the go? is it just a matter of aligning the dish? sorry for the ignorance

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
We actually may go with AT&T for TV since already have phone and internet through them. They offer a bundle with Direct TV and looks like might save us about $20-30 a month plus with DVR that we dont currently have.

i thought about it for a while ... and like i said there are some things that i do like with the fios.

change is hard. its just something i need to get used to, i guess.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We actually may go with AT&T for TV since already have phone and internet through them. They offer a bundle with Direct TV and looks like might save us about $20-30 a month plus with DVR that we dont currently have.
saving cash was the main factor in having us switch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went with the AT&T package and couldn't be happier. What I like about the AT&T DVR you can watch recorded programs on any TV in the house that has a box, with Direct TV you could only watch recorded TV that the DVR box was hooked up to.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went with the AT&T package and couldn't be happier. What I like about the AT&T DVR you can watch recorded programs on any TV in the house that has a box, with Direct TV you could only watch recorded TV that the DVR box was hooked up to.
verizon has that as well. great feature in my opinion.:)devil

G

·
My AT&T bundle includes Dish. I like it

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
I had to threaten Direct TV with a lawsuit before they would disconnect my service. I had nothing but problems with them and could never get anyone out to do any repairs. Contract was up and I wanted out. Their customer service blows!!!!!!! I had Cox cable for a couple years after that and now Time Warner in my new place and have never had any problems getting them to take care of anything.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have been a Direct TV customer for many many years...problem is that they are the only ones who carry NFL ticket....I can't miss any Dolphin games...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dumped Time Warner last week. Going Fios also. Funny when I went to cancell they wanted to cut my monthly bill in half to keep me. To little to late.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts