Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Late Start-er
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just got done playing in my lil tiny flatbottom v-drive and then this shows up!

Took a couple buddies out on the Belmont at Millerton (Fresno) for a while and had a ton of fun. Stayed till it started getting too choppy. Put it on the trailer and started up the ramp...

Attachments

·
Late Start-er
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Donzi ZR43

I look ahead to the top of the ramps and see the biggest boat Ive ever seen at Millerton! A Donzi ZR 43' with two outdrives with pretty expensive looking 5 blade props. Figuring they are going to have to open the engine hatch to start it, I held up my buddies for a few to see what was inside. Then I notice the name on the tow vehicle. Recognized the name from the ads on this site. Just made it more interesting. I recognized Bob Teague from photos but didnt know the other guy who said he works with him from a shop in Fresno. Neither were very talkative, being busy working to hook up computers and stuff to the motors to fine tune them. I did manage to get the other guy to say it was a customers boat and it was running twin "1050's". Snapped some pics of the boat and got out of their hair. Wish I could have hung around long enough to hear them run. Looked like they were going to leave it on the trailer to work on it, just dunked in the water. Pretty nice looking stuff. Very impressive. Wonder if one of those would fit in the back of the Belmont? I could maybe sell my house to get the down payment...

See the number 77 on his shirt? Look up at the top of the ramp past that at my little tiny 19'er. I could have parked it under the deck of this thing.

Attachments

·
Late Start-er
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
im sorry but ..........does he know where the ocean is......:))ThumbsDwn

i would love to ride in that big ol boat going over to catalina in the ocean with some swells for fun but the belmont all the way at the lake.........

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Big boats like that one, ( however bitchin it may be ), are simply not something that turns me on. Although I can appreciate what it takes, money and skill-wise to build such a deal, It's just a monolith.

·
Monkey Bung
255 Posts
I sent a PM off to Bob for y'all. Told him that they are not welcome to shake down that brand new set at the dudes local lake because you all don't like big boats. It's not like it makes sense or anything being the owner lives in Fresno!

·
Upstanding Member
12,715 Posts
I sent a PM off to Bob for y'all. Told him that they are not welcome to shake down that brand new set at the dudes local lake because you all don't like big boats. It's not like it makes sense or anything being the owner lives in Fresno!
Not 1 person in here has stated specifically that they don't like big boats, but since you're bringing it up,,,, I think big boats are painfully boring on small smooth bodies of water. :)hand

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
:signhuh: ... :notsure: ... :dunno: ... I musta been absent the day the teacher gave the reading lesson ...

·
Late Start-er
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, since I didnt get to stay and watch, Im gonna figure they were just there to dunk the four very large water pickups into the lake so they could dial in the motors while still on the trailer. Like I said, Ive never seen anything that big on this lake and Im gonna guess it frequents the Delta or the like, but who knows. I wouldnt mind the experience of going for a ride in it, but I doubt it Millerton would offer enough real estate for it to stretch out and appreciate what it can do.

I think Mr Teague lives a charmed life, racing an enduro v-drive and the Amsoil 77 boat I saw videos of on his web site, and I am impressed by the business he has built and the work that they do. Sure was surprised seeing him here.

I swear if he would have offered me a ride I would have reciprocated with my lil o'le Belmont!!! But he must have been busy cause I couldnt interest him in a hello and I was obviously not welcome on the dock.

But I will extend the offer to any and all of you who want to go out and play in the little boat anytime you are in the area or next time Im in your zip code. Thanks

cya

1 - 20 of 56 Posts