Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so while in tahoe over the week... luckily it happened on the last day of boating we were cruising at about 50mph and all of a sudden the boat just starts vibrating so i stop and atempt to go again but starts vibrating again so i check the drive to see if any debris or if there was a rock or something but nothing and i was in the deepest part of tahoe so i notice after looking that a blade is missing of the prop...so had to get towed in from north shore all the way to south shore a nice 2 hour tow....so my question is should i repair or replace there is no damage to the other blades just the one that came off. anyone had experience with repair? any reputable shops? its a 26p bravo prop.

· Registered
2 Posts
Buy a new prop. Had one that had just a crack in the blade. Had it repaired. Shortly later threw the blade & at the same time bent the prop shaft. Next time I see a crack in prop I am going to throw prop away. I will be way cheaper in long run.

· Registered
1,986 Posts
so while in tahoe over the week... luckily it happened on the last day of boating we were cruising at about 50mph and all of a sudden the boat just starts vibrating so i stop and atempt to go again but starts vibrating again so i check the drive to see if any debris or if there was a rock or something but nothing and i was in the deepest part of tahoe so i notice after looking that a blade is missing of the prop...so had to get towed in from north shore all the way to south shore a nice 2 hour tow....so my question is should i repair or replace there is no damage to the other blades just the one that came off. anyone had experience with repair? any reputable shops? its a 26p bravo prop.
Give me a call on Tuesday I may be able ot help you.

· It is what it is
2,580 Posts
Most shops won't weld a new blade on a prop that has thrown a blade. Especially if it's a casting problem and not an I hit something problem. Buy a new one and hang that one on the wall for a souvenir.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.