Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a NEW ice cream shop across from where I work at the Valencia Town Center in Valencia called SHAVE iT and I have hired them on to supply the ice cream/ shaved ice for our annual 4th of July tenant event next week.

I had to come up w/ an ice cream combo in Blue and the kids at the shop helped me put together an awesome combo with blue vanilla and vanilla ice cream...WELL I spoke to the owner Karen Bain this morning as she asked how everything went at her store...TURNS OUT this "blue combo" has never been created and she would like me to name it so that they may put it on their menu. GUESS WHAT I'M NAMING IT!!! Ooh-oooooh!

Bobaloo!!! After all it is blue...Bobaloo Blue

If that is not the cutest and coolest thing EVER! I am so excited. lol I know it may not mean much to some people but I think it is so awesome that I have been given this opportunity and that Bobby's name will live on...even with this tiny effort. ;)

·
Ex-Californian
437 Posts
There is a NEW ice cream shop across from where I work at the Valencia Town Center in Valencia called SHAVE iT and I have hired them on to supply the ice cream/ shaved ice for our annual 4th of July tenant event next week.

I had to come up w/ an ice cream combo in Blue and the kids at the shop helped me put together an awesome combo with blue vanilla and vanilla ice cream...WELL I spoke to the owner Karen Bain this morning as she asked how everything went at her store...TURNS OUT this "blue combo" has never been created and she would like me to name it so that they may put it on their menu. GUESS WHAT I'M NAMING IT!!! Ooh-oooooh!

Bobaloo!!! After all it is blue...Bobaloo Blue

If that is not the cutest and coolest thing EVER! I am so excited. lol I know it may not mean much to some people but I think it is so awesome that I have been given this opportunity and that Bobby's name will live on...even with this tiny effort. ;)

Not to mention the SMILE it will put on a kids face !!! COOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to mention the SMILE it will put on a kids face !!! COOL
Oh God yes...how true is that...ah man that totally gets to me. Oh how he smiled and made people laugh.

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Hell yeah, thats cool! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This what Karen Bain replied with around 1pm today:

Thanks....I just got my makeup on and now it's running down my face after reading your story...
Absolutely name it Bobaloo Blue. We would be honored and are so very lucky to have you create a combo after him...

Thanks so much,
It's people like you that remind my partner and myself what this is all about!

Karen

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009:
Hi Karen,

I just want to tell you that I am so honored and excited to be given the opportunity to name a couple of your combos.

I’d like to tell you that just recently (6-14-09) a very good friend named Robert (Bobby) Michael Leavitt passed away suddenly in Lake Havasu.
He was the BIGGEST kid, willing at anytime to give the shirt off his own back to help a friend and the most joy to have around. Everyone called him “Bobaloo”; he was loved by so many. He was known for his smile and fun loving, yet hilarious ways. I attached a few pictures of him every time he got together with friends.

Like I said, his “smile” is what everyone speaks of and has written about. I’d like to know if we can name the Blue combo “Bobaloo” or “Bobaloo Blue” to continue that smile through every child and person alike.

Should you decide to go through with the name, I will and with your approval, will post your store information on the Performance Boats, Myspace and Facebook websites in order to inform all his/ our friends and family and spread the word about your awesome shop and his Shaved Ice combo. I know they will want to try it.

Please let me know. I appreciate all that you and your staff have done.

Thank you,

Jacqueline

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice going.

Since I'm going to be there later today might have to stop in and try it.
Is it actually in the mall or is it one of the outside shops?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice going.

Since I'm going to be there later today might have to stop in and try it.
Is it actually in the mall or is it one of the outside shops?
They are actually located across the street from the VTC property in the Pavillions Shopping Center, next door to Gymboree and a skate shop (can't think of the name, eek) and Party City is there too.

The address is:
27023 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355
(661) 254-0423

Nick is who helped me yesterday. He used Blue Vanilla on the shaved ice and Vanilla ice cream :) Hope you like it.

·
6,873 Posts
I finally stopped crying an hour ago (I had to leave my office) and now I am totally back in tears ....
But atleast this time they are tears of Joy....
THANK YOU .....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally stopped crying an hour ago (I had to leave my office) and now I am totally back in tears ....
But atleast this time they are tears of Joy....
THANK YOU .....
;) It was my pleasure dear friend of mine.

Love you and Yvonne and the kids with all my heart.

·
Wade & Denise
2,055 Posts
Im over at the Valencia auto center a couple times a week...Im going to stop by & get one! or Two! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts