Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the political figure heads of Lake Havasu,

would you rather see a New Marina (with ample boat -car parking / picnic areas / new slips / boater friendly bar-grill),

or would you like to see a small University (mtv crowd of students) / ampitheatre be built on PRIME land just down from the ranger station (forgot the site they call it, you see it from the hiway),

just curious, even in these times one seems to be getting alot of attention/push per the local newspaper !!!

keep in mind havi has a nice Community College.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Havasu's politicians always make the wrong decisions, so look for the approval of a college, forget that it doesn't make the community any money or fully support it's self.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
To me it's a very simple answer. There is only so much water front space on the lake. The University , on the other hand, can be built anywhere in Havasu, or Arizona for that matter.

Darrell.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
You forgot, along with the dumb ass idea of a university, they want another golf course too!!!
I can't believe that they think that crap is a good idea!!! We need a marina and we need it yesterday!!!!!! Just my worhtless, they won't listen to the public .02.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
Havasu's politicians always make the wrong decisions, so look for the approval of a college, forget that it doesn't make the community any money or fully support it's self.

politicians will choose the one that lines there pockets the most.

but i choose marina. havasu marina needs a longer ramp (underwater) so that larger boats can launch. i believe they have a 32' limit. that sucks for the big boys. windsor eat props:)sphss, site six is a joke (launch/retrieiving/and parking) and the nautical well is private. so unless you know some one who knows someone the nautical is out.

marina marina marina but then again why would the city build anything for the demographic they are trying to get rid of (kind of)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
politicians will choose the one that lines there pockets the most.

but i choose marina. havasu marina needs a longer ramp (underwater) so that larger boats can launch. i believe they have a 32' limit. that sucks for the big boys. windsor eat props:)sphss, site six is a joke (launch/retrieiving/and parking) and the nautical well is private. so unless you know some one who knows someone the nautical is out.

marina marina marina but then again why would the city build anything for the demographic they are trying to get rid of (kind of)

Oh ya, I forgot, your right!

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
That area that they are trying to put an NAU campus on is state land. They are also planning a marina as part of the project big plan.

The way the land is held says the only way that they can put a marina on that (state) land is if it is "tied to an institution of higher learning".........go figure ;)

....that is why they are trying to get a university here

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
hey do you just store your Howard at Absolute?
Nope. It gets stored at our house in Havasu. I have it in to Absolute pretty frequently though. Not for problems, but simply to avoid them. I change the engine/drive oil every 15 hrs. That in and of itself has saved me a few times. Aaron has noticed a loose thing here or a crack (Starter housing) there that might last another year or maybe let go on the next time out. Regardless, it is kept on a very stringent maintenance schedule.

I have also done a few upgrades to her. 4 batteries, under water lights, led's on the interior as well as few as some other goodies.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts