Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as how the men in black like to do the dirty at the close of the market on Fridays, are we in for some more lender lifelines this weekend?:)bulb

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, interesting weekend.

What will happen today?

·
Registered
810 Posts
B of A + mother merill was designated by the fed. Definitely not a first choice.

WAMU + nobody ( slim hope a sovereign wealth fund may pipe in. )

All in all, at the end of the day,, The Fed can only exercise a targeted or limited amount
of intervention. So.., As equities markets go... Home Values are due again a whole new round of de-evaluations... Short term "credit repair companies" will flourish promising the masses purgatory. Those in firmly CASH or LIQUID shall reign supreme as they are apex preditors...
** Lions on the Serengeti baby.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's see how the scorecard is tallying up:

Bear Stearns gone
Countrywide gone
Fannie Mae gone
Freddie Mac gone
IndyMac gone
Merril Lynch gone
Lehman Brothers gone

WAMU - the Nations largest savings bank in a death spiral
Downey in a death spiral
Bank United still holding on at under a buck for a while

------

Sounds like it wasn't just all the dumbazz borrowers as everybody claims, eh?

Big Warlock - can you remind me again how this financial meltdown doesn't compare to the S&L crisis?:p

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I read all this last night before I went to bed at 11:30.

I think this is what we've been waiting for to get the ball rolling to get this all fixed. The de-leveraging of the "consumer" will continue.

Home price's will get better.

This will be another brick in the wall for American companies and assets to be sold to foreign investors.

Interesting times we live in.......

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's shocking how quickly things fall apart. Unless of course, the truth was never told to begin with.

$600 billion in debt. No shiat they couldn't find a buyer.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
AIG is the big fish here. Their assets are in the TRILLIONS!!!!

On a side note..

The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.

-Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
219 Posts

On a side note..

The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.

-Thomas Jefferson

Read that Berkshire Hathaway and Allianz will buy a large portion of AIG

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Read that Berkshire Hathaway and Allianz will buy a large portion of AIG

HMMMM! The Oracle of Omaha is a smart man.

I heard AIG has plenty of profitable business, but the sub prime portfolio is so huge it negates any big picture profit.

:)

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Hmmm the Feds told Wall Street no on the "Bridge Loan to no where!"

It may be hard for most people to realize what a shocking development this was. Virtually no one on the Street anticipated that the Federal Reserve would put its foot down on the throat of the bankers who had always gotten their way. If anyone had believed this would happen, global banks’ stock prices would have been a lot lower last week as Lehman Brothers’ liquidity unraveled, for anyone who had looked at the investment bank’s books as a potential buyer knew that it owed its 10 largest unsecured creditors more than $157 billion – and had no virtually no hope of paying up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Maybe NOW those fuckers will want to deal on some houses.

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts

On a side note..

-Thomas Jefferson
Thank you. That was one of his fiercest battles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts