Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To deserve this "Legend" status the guy must have surely done something greater than what I remember. I don't see him as a great contributor to music as he basically was a Pop singer/performer. The 1 song they keep playiny incl;uding at the memorial was "I'll be there" and he did that years ago as a little kid.

The music videos and all the albums sold to me were "kiddy" stuff. Nothing long lasting like the Eagles, Beatles, Stones, Elvis, about a hundred blues, country, jazz, and rodk greats.

So he could dance and perform????? Sold a lot of records but are they really "Legendary"?

And if he was so damned popular where was everybody at to stop him from emaciating away and becoming completely drugged out?????

He beat the court on the pedophile thing but the evidence and thoughts of many close to him give the realistic impression he was guilty. Lots of money spent paying parents off according to reliable sources.

What were his great humanitarian deeds?

From most reports he lived in a fantasy land and never really understoood the world from an adults point of view. A dysfuntional family and a tyrant father made him even more pathetic. He seemed more meal ticket than son and brother.

It was sad how his little girl cried at the memorial but that to seemed in poor taste as it appeared to be the family using her. Poor thing may never know normalcy. May the kids find happiness and sanity is all I can say.

355 Posts
I am not a big fan of the guy, but Ibelieve he is in the Guiness book of world records as the singer who supports the most charities. This is just one article I was able to find.:

Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009. He was known as the undisputed King of Pop. His musical legacy was profound. In many of his songs, he sang about acceptance. The most notable was “Black or White”, "Man In The Mirror" as well as “They Don’t Care About Us”. Michael Jackson wrote “Gone Too Soon” in honor of pediatric AIDS victim Ryan White. He also did a lot of work with charities. And many of these charities help special needs children.
The following is a list of charities he pubilicly helped in his life that was taken from AllMichaelJackson.com:
AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation, Inc.
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
Thank You Michael Jackson for your musical influence and for the work you have done helping special needs, at risk, and sick children across the world. The world will always remember your music. You truly will be missed. Rest In Peace.

·
Don't judge me monkey...
705 Posts
The world loves a freak show...:)Violin

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009. He was known as the undisputed King of Pop. His musical legacy was profound. In many of his songs, he sang about acceptance. The most notable was “Black or White”, "Man In The Mirror" as well as “They Don’t Care About Us”. Michael Jackson wrote “Gone Too Soon” in honor of pediatric AIDS victim Ryan White. He also did a lot of work with charities. And many of these charities help special needs children.
The following is a list of charities he pubilicly helped in his life that was taken from AllMichaelJackson.com:
AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation, Inc.
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
Thank You Michael Jackson for your musical influence and for the work you have done helping special needs, at risk, and sick children across the world. The world will always remember your music. You truly will be missed. Rest In Peace.

He was also a pedophile.

He received a lot more attention than did some of our real national heroes.

Hell, his memorial received more attention then that of President Reagan who actually did something for this country!!!!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
He was also a pedophile.

He received a lot more attention than did some of our real national heroes.

Hell, his memorial received more attention then that of President Reagan who actually did something for this country!!!!
isn't that nuff said right there? once you're a pedophile i personally don't give a flyin phuck if the pope himself forgives you for it, i won't;) i rocked the red jacket and chute pants as a kid, we all loved him, then i began thinkin for myself and judgin on actions, not fame or fortune

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
isn't that nuff said right there? once you're a pedophile i personally don't give a flyin phuck if the pope himself forgives you for it, i won't;) i rocked the red jacket and chute pants as a kid, we all loved him, then i began thinkin for myself and judgin on actions, not fame or fortune
That's probably something that should of been kept as a secret!!!!:p

·
Don't Taze Me, Bro!
1,885 Posts
So he "supported" charities. So do I.

As a percentage of income and wealth, I'll bet I've contributed more than he did.

I have more respect for a redneck NASCAR driver for Victory Junction Camp, than for anything Whacko Jacko did.

He didn't want to be black, even getting a white donor for his kids so THEY wouldn't be black. Never dated black women (unless you consider Diana Ross). Yet the black community, who didn't give a shit about him for the last 10 years (since the accusations and trial) now come out and embrace and honor him like he's some kind of god.

They're now doing to him like they do to Obama. Criticize him, his lifestyle or his actions and you're a racist.

He was an entertainer and a child molester.

PERIOD!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
So he "supported" charities. So do I.

As a percentage of income and wealth, I'll bet I've contributed more than he did.

I have more respect for a redneck NASCAR driver for Victory Junction Camp, than for anything Whacko Jacko did.

He didn't want to be black, even getting a white donor for his kids so THEY wouldn't be black. Never dated black women (unless you consider Diana Ross). Yet the black community, who didn't give a shit about him for the last 10 years (since the accusations and trial) now come out and embrace and honor him like he's some kind of god.

They're now doing to him like they do to Obama. Criticize him, his lifestyle or his actions and you're a racist.

He was an entertainer and a child molester.

PERIOD!
Right on Alan!!!!!!:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I grew up listening to his songs and yes, he was a great entertainer but that was it. What really pisses me off is that his death and subsequent sideshow that followed was blanketed all over every single TV channel, and not just the news channels. On July 4th there was ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION of the soldiers that bravely gave their lives so that we can live in freedom.

I'm ashamed of all the tv stations who think that the life of this one person is WAY more important than the many lives of these soldiers that have been lost. Disgraceful!

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I honestly dont know what the outcome of this case was.
I just wanted to ask all of you if you all also feel Gary Taylor is a pedophile and child molester?
You flame Jackson cause he went to trial, found not-guilty, and those are the words you use to describe him still. How would you describe Taylor?
It just strikes me that so many of you were so "let him have his day in court" and "ooh this is so terrible", but here this man had his day in court and yet we still hold conviction to him. Was Jackson an "odd" character? to many YES! But he went through the same "greatest legal system in the world" (as described by some forum members) and was found not guilty.
My intention here is not to upset any friends or family of Gary Taylor, merely just open some eyes. Why is it that the forums were so kind to him but not all?

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
Yo he did thriller dog......thriller (chapelle show)

Sir, I have never seen Michael's alleged penis, but I bet you that I can describe it all right? Let me guess... there's a head, a shaft, some balls, hair - maybe pressed, permed hair, with glitter sprinkled on it.

:p

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
In his prime, he was great entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less. He's no hero. Was his music great? At the time it was. His music still gets girls up on the dance floor to this day. That being said, he was one f-d up individual. How many child stars aren't a dissaster? Was he a pedifile? It looks that way, if not he was stupid enough to put himself in some bad situations.

Like Charles Barkley said, I'm no role model. Why does fame bring a person to iconic status? Because it puts asses in seats at the movies, sporting events, racing, whatever. Just because they're on tv, doesn't mean that they aren't as phucked up as the rest of us. Look at McNair, he was supposed to be one of the good guys, in the mean time he's banging a 20 year old that served his family dinner..............

Lets bury the guy and move on. :)hand:)hand

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
In his prime, he was great entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less. He's no hero. Was his music great? At the time it was. His music still gets girls up on the dance floor to this day. That being said, he was one f-d up individual. How many child stars aren't a dissaster? Was he a pedifile? It looks that way, if not he was stupid enough to put himself in some bad situations.

Like Charles Barkley said, I'm no role model. Why does fame bring a person to iconic status? Because it puts asses in seats at the movies, sporting events, racing, whatever. Just because they're on tv, doesn't mean that they aren't as phucked up as the rest of us. Look at McNair, he was supposed to be one of the good guys, in the mean time he's banging a 20 year old that served his family dinner..............

Lets bury the guy and move on. :)hand:)hand
That's what I said 3 years ago..."let's bury this guy!!"....unfortunately he was still alive at the time....:)hand

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
:|errJust gotta put my 2 cents in and all of you Michael Jackson haters - have at it; however, he could dance, he could sing and he changed the world - he will be missed! And, for those of you who go on and on about him being a pedophile: Just remember that there were many parents, just like you, who were so ready to let their children stay with MJ, and they kept bringing their kids back to be with him, and then they took money to shut him up without ever proving anything. Wouldn't ya think that if Michael Jackson really did what everyone thought he did that the parents wouldn't have settled for money, but rather would have had him put away forever. He was a strange person, but who isn't? Shiat!!!! :|err:|err

1 - 20 of 107 Posts