Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who plans on supporting them...
I for one WILL WALK RIGHT PAST THEIR PICKET LINES AND LAUGH IN THEIR FACES.....

and Yes I support unions, but cannot support this idiotic move

·
Administrator
16,892 Posts
Good luck to them. :shock:

·
Registered
636 Posts
The way strikers treated customers that crossed the lines to shop last time, should have been fired then.
No support from me and they will all hurt themselves more (if possable) in this economy.
Buy stock in Costco and Trader Joes. It went up last time and maybe more this time.

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
"Those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"... not an exact quote, but sure rings true here. We'll be doing a LOT more shopping at the markets in BHC and bringing it back. Another good excuse to head to the river. :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
FUCK UM. Hope they all lose their jobs and they hire people who want to work for the man that signs their paycheck.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Last time they were out for five months, and settled on the exact same deal initially presented. Many lost their jobs, and then Ralph's pulled out of Bakersfield altogether, so every single Ralph's employee lost their job permanently. Good thinking!

·
Lovin' IT!
857 Posts
The way strikers treated customers that crossed the lines to shop last time, should have been fired then.
No support from me and they will all hurt themselves more (if possable) in this economy.
Buy stock in Costco and Trader Joes. It went up last time and maybe more this time.
I was spat upon by a seven year old kid, picketing with his parents the last strike. Fock'em, bring on the "self checkout" aisles!

·
Can't re-Member
1,990 Posts
Oh.... C'mon, Union employees are entitled to so much more than the rest of us... As a matter of fact I think we all should donate a portion of our checks to the poor disadvantaged union workers... :thumb:

Reality:lmao1::lmao1:

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Who in their right mind would be in favor of a strike in the present economy:wtf: Are you kidding me, unreal.
NSF

·
Drooling at the moment
37 Posts
Again? WTF happened to grocery store checkers and stockers being High school kids that needed a job? how the hell is that a skilled trade needing union representation.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
We've been doing most of our shopping at Trader Joe's, Henry's and more recently Fresh & Easy, since the last strike.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
We've been doing most of our shopping at Trader Joe's, Henry's and more recently Fresh & Easy, since the last strike.
I as well. Tj's, Target, other small independents. The big 3 used to get around 80% of my business prior to strike, now its more like 25-40%. I go there much less often and just stock up on things I can't get elsewhere so I don't have to go back soon. Tj's and Target are right across the street so that does help. I have no issue crossing the lines if I need something. I imagine there are plenty of unemployed people that would love to have those jobs right about now.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Last week one of the rank and file said the strike was over $23 dollars a pay check someone tell me this is not true.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Again? WTF happened to grocery store checkers and stockers being High school kids that needed a job? how the hell is that a skilled trade needing union representation.
Really!!! WTF??? Who grows up watching a checker at the local market and says, "That's what I want to do when I grow up!" ??? :confused:

Unless you're manager, management, and the like, I always saw these as temporary jobs for high school kids or some one working their way through school, in between jobs, etc. Surely not a career. :no:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts