Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCARE the hell out of you when your driving down the road. Seems to me they should be illegal on Big Rigs. Coming back from Nevada I had a guy hit his TRAIN HORN just as I was passing him and it scared the holy Shiat out of me. Not funny at all.

I'm sure I'll be on Youtube soon as someones idea of a joke and it will be hilarious. Not. At least not from my perspective. I seriously almost wrecked my car.

·
R U or U R?
1,829 Posts
SCARE the hell out of you when your driving down the road. Seems to me they should be illegal on Big Rigs. Coming back from Nevada I had a guy hit his TRAIN HORN just as I was passing him and it scared the holy Shiat out of me. Not funny at all.

I'm sure I'll be on Youtube soon as someones idea of a joke and it will be hilarious. Not. At least not from my perspective. I seriously almost wrecked my car.
Miguel?

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
they are illegal at least they are in NM.
its all fun and games till somebody gets hurt. had a driver honk at me as he drove in front of the shop.
my ears rang for two days:)bulb

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I blew my compressor up last week. I've been going absolutely crazy without mine! I need to get if fixed before I leave for the river on thurs.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

You, On youtube?...hmmmm...thats a thought.:)bulb:)hand....

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
Seems to me they should be illegal.
A couple of California Vehicle Code sections apply to this:

27000. (a) A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, shall be
equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting
sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less
than 200 feet, but no horn shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh
sound.

27001. (a) The driver of a motor vehicle when reasonably necessary
to insure safe operation shall give audible warning with his horn.
(b) The horn shall not otherwise be used, except as a theft alarm
system

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know its all funny, but really it did scare the hell out of me. Funny maybe if you are not behind the wheel of the car -not on the road. Had there been a car in the other lane, it would have been deadly as I would have hit them head on at about 65mph.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts

A little vinegar will clean that right up;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
train horns

Maybe you should not be driving with your skirt up, then the truckers would have nothing to honk at.

So why did the driver single you out?

Jerry

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I seriously almost wrecked my car.
Wow, that's a first.... Normally you would wreck it so it seems that the horns may have kept you out of trouble. :D

·
In INTERNET REHAB
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe you should not be driving with your skirt up, then the truckers would have nothing to honk at.

So why did the driver single you out?

Jerry
:rolleyes::rolleyes: I have no idea Jerry, I was passing him, four lane highway. No one else around. Doing about 65 in 70 zone. Shocking I know, actually under the speed limit.

Wow, that's a first.... Normally you would wreck it so it seems that the horns may have kept you out of trouble. :D
Smartazz. :D

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Hate to tell you this T but "air horns" on a big rig are not train horns. They are to be used only on the 'high ways' which happen to be just about any road in Calif. Big Rigs are also equipped with normal electric horns but we find it much more effective to use the air horns to let the 'high way trash' know they f*cked up. Please stay the h*ll away from 'big rigs' whether you have all your clothes on or not.
kiss, kiss,
Rio
ps...I-15 is my road and you'd best straighten up and drive properly.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts