Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taken from Todd's thread:

Anyone have anything interesting to show pics of or talk about around here anymore? Just curious, this place is a ghost town anymore!

It was so boring around here I actually went "slumming" in the Outboard section last night and came across this post in the BBSP 2011 thread ( Big Block Spankin Party 20011)

Here is cs19 racing a whacker at firestone! Outboard Winning! All motor! Isnt he a heavy hitter down at lost lake?

YouTube - ‪418 jet boat versus wacka‬‏
Followed by:

OH BOY thats a good find:D:)coffee
I was there at the 2006 or maybe it was 2007,and watched that race IHBA World Finals
That was Jim Dunn from Tennesee in the "MOJO" whacker Hydro on "all 2.5L motor" (no N20) laying the smack down:)handI personally watched him run 8.60s during a qualifying run:|err
I was so happy for him as he "sawed off" 29 other inboards (total in class) in the 9 second class during elimination rounds on Sunday and took all there doe ray me:)sphss
Jetboat and Vdrive land was very quite that weekend:(:(

So a purpose built, single seat capsule whacker beating Chris' boat is a huge victory for these guys ? I guess you take where you can get them..... "F"ing egg beaters................

S CP :)grn

·
Impeachment!
3,728 Posts
I don't care how fast or efficient wackers are....they look and sound lame. The interior room is cool, but doesn't come close to overcoming the lameness factor:)hand

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
That Dunn guy was pretty good and he was sucessful in TE I think.

Pretty sure the Wackers run out of talent around the 8.50 mark, no wonder they never show up to the drags. Fastest one Ive seen was at Arkansas it hauled ass when they didnt have issues, it was touchy to say the least

The fast wacker guys around here know where they stand.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
OK, Jon heres your ride, a purpose built wacker stomper:D

Ok Farmer... I have to ask you... is this what you do when you are waiting for the lettuce and hay to grow? Stockpile photos so if a situation were to arrise... you have the perfect photo to accompany it?:D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jon when are we going to see some pics of the CP on the water???:D
sore subject, I was hoping the last weekend of July but now more than likely August. The problem with August is we have a lot going on (for now) so I don't know how many weekends we'll have free. :)st

Can't wait to get back on the water. This drought is killing me.......

S CP

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
be patient ! He's running a ford.
Oh my bad, he's not running one right now , it's at the motor builder.
Maybe next year .
How bout a ride in a prop jon?

Don't you have a dog you can kick ? :p

S CP ;)

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i can be cocky right now, i picked my motor up for the flatty from said motor builder this evening.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)hand

S CP

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Fastest one Ive seen was at Arkansas it hauled ass when they didnt have issues, it was touchy to say the least

SUP Chris
That would be the late Jon Wright in the "Tinker Toy" hydro that passed away a few months ago:(
That same year in 06 or was it 07 IHBA World Finals Jon was # uno top qualifier in PE..granted he had issues and didnt go rounds on Sunday
Somewhere in the IHBA record books he went 7.55 at 155mph in Augusta,Georgia 2001
God speed Jon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts