Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope these Rogers hulls work well. Drug this one home from Arkansas today. Snatched the engine out immediately. Will pull a valve cover off tomorrow. What heads it has will determine if we build a 451 Chrysler to sit back in or a 540 BBC. We have plenty of pieces for each lying around. Will have to add it up either way and see which way it goes. Would definately have to buy more parts and pieces for the BBC.

Gonna let Info Jr. race it. Best we could do on a tight $$ budget.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice:)devil i think you will be very happy.theres one here in california i would love to get.pm oldrigger on the boards. he can tell you alot about the rogers boats.good luck.
Already did thanks. He hooked me up with Roger Weiman. I called him and he gave me the basic hardware setup. What a great head start.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good first start. flattie is next ?

LOL he wants to race the Cougar. The Cougar is so heavy it takes a ton of HP to make it go. It's either marginally fast or way too fast. Not much in between.

·
High Performance Marine
98 Posts
"Info" You just Purchased one of the Safest Jet Drag Boat's

Rogers Dragstar AKA GP Dragstar

He hooked me up with Roger Weiman. I called him and he gave me the basic hardware setup. What a great head start.
That's the KEY To setting up that boat. A little different than any normal jet boat.

Let us know if you need any other help, Or when you wanna step up to a 300# hull, whatever color Gel you want!!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Info we have a freind who succesfully campained one of these for several years , spoke to him recently because another friend bought one as well . He (Clint) is more than willing to Chat about his experience and the diffent set ups if your so inclined. Nice "find" I would have bought it myself if it had been closer Good luck to you and your son Tom

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Looks like he has the diverter connected to the plates Tom.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
what's clint and his family up to these days? they stopped racing 3-4 years ago, haven't seen 'em since. we pitted near them for several years - nice folks...

Info we have a freind who succesfully campained one of these for several years , spoke to him recently because another friend bought one as well . He (Clint) is more than willing to Chat about his experience and the diffent set ups if your so inclined. Nice "find" I would have bought it myself if it had been closer Good luck to you and your son Tom

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
what makes this hull safer then the others?
generally, there's no aero lift and they're relatively heavy compared to other hulls.

this one used to porpoise like crazy until frank started driving it..

after frank's '02 blowover, papp dismantled and converted this boat back into an open river boat. the capsule is the one frank was inside at elsinore.

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
"Info" You just Purchased one of the Safest Jet Drag Boat's

Rogers Dragstar AKA GP Dragstar
Let us know if you need any other help, Or when you wanna step up to a 300# hull, whatever color Gel you want!!
Post up some pictures of the 300lb hull you have.

generally, there's no aero lift and they're relatively heavy compared to other hulls.

this one used to porpoise like crazy until frank started driving it..

after frank's '02 blowover, papp dismantled and converted this boat back into an open river boat. the capsule is the one frank was inside at elsinore.
BP298 did he blow this boat over or another boat?

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea we thrashed it together and I will have to say I am pleased with the hull. In 6 weeks stripped the boat, built an engine, rigged it for a Chevy, went through the pump, tested it twice and went racing. In our time after work and weekends.

We could'nt afford a late model tunnel hull but this one is coming around pretty well.

Info Jr. qualified it with a 9.02 (1,000' track) And on race day stepped it up inadvertently to a 8.70. In his excitement he decided to run it off the pedal. Even though he was supposed to run it like he had been in qualifying. There is a little more there to be had with tweaking and tuning.

We are happy with an old boat, old pump and engine parts we had lying around. Great starter boat for him. Put a longer ride plate on it between testing and race day to stop porposing and it worked out great.

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
Sounds like it will be a great fit. What did you do with the old engine and parts? I was just a little too slow scrapping the funds together to go get that boat when it was for sale. But, it sounds like it went to a good home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts