Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of ya'll have any idea's on a cheap weekend get away in SoCal. I've lived here so long every time i think of a get away I try to leave the area. Tryin to figure out how to fill this weekend with some couples stuff but drawing blanks.

I thought about Catalina but 68 bucks per person to get there! Holy crap tickets have gone up. Itchy feet and an empty pocket book may mean getting a movie and dinner for the weekend. Heh.

Thanks for any ideas!

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Not sure where you're at in So Cal but here's some of the stuff me & the wife used to do when we lived in Fullerton;

Tom's Farms in Corona
Farmer's Market in West LA
Venice Beach peoplewatching
Hollywood/Silverlake 2nd hand store shopping
Rose Bowl swap meet
Flea Market @ Fairfax High school Hollywood
The Getty
A drive up PCH to Ventura
Baja Califas
Long Beach for more 2nd hand shops

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Never been to Venice, any must see places or good taco joints?

The boardwalk is good for people watching, Main St (or maybe it's Pacific) has some good bars along the way to Santa Monica, as for tacos, I couldn't really say,

I can tell you where to get a killer steak and a stiff drink if you're so inclined.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The boardwalk is good for people watching, Main St (or maybe it's Pacific) has some good bars along the way to Santa Monica, as for tacos, I couldn't really say, I can tell you where to get a killer steak and a stiff drink if you're so inclined.
Stiff drinks and steak are always appealing to me!

I'm in Rialto Ca Btw. I was trying to keep the costs to down about 200 or so.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Big Bear is cool too, bitchin' deals on cabins during the summer, plus you get out of the heat!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.