Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best software to use so that I can log into my work computer from my home computer? I have heard a few advertised. Anyone using one they like?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
We used to use VNC, which worked fairly well. Security made us change for whatever stupid reason, so now we just use Remote Desktop to log in.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
What Windows are you running?

XP PRO has remote desktop built-in, but not on other versions of XP and there is no patch, some versions of Vista do not have it either.

Then you'll have to run VNC as yammack suggested, or go with Go to my pc, which is a great turneky service.

Of course, it will depend on the your employer's network administrator and what they'll allow, if anything. Unless of course, that's you. :)devil

·
Registered
373 Posts
What is the best software to use so that I can log into my work computer from my home computer? I have heard a few advertised. Anyone using one they like?

Thanks
The first question should have been how can I access my work PC with out compromising security on both pc's?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Computers

Not much of an IT guy, small business so no in-house IT and trying to be a father and get some work done with out having to commute twice in a day. Running XP I think. I will look into the remote desktop. We have a firewall but assume if I know certain things I can get through that. Good to know XP might have what I need without paying extra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts