Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 20ft Can-am jet boat with a Berkeley jg(i think) jet. I'm wanting to get the most out of the jet with my new motor. Cam makes power to about 6500. We rebuilt the jet 10+ years ago and right now with a AA impeller it turns 4600 and was thinking to go with a B impeller. Anything else that would make a big differ? Thanks. Just a lake boat...

·
Registered
31 Posts
have the AA cut down

I've got a 20ft Can-am jet boat with a Berkeley jg(i think) jet. I'm wanting to get the most out of the jet with my new motor. Cam makes power to about 6500. We rebuilt the jet 10+ years ago and right now with a AA impeller it turns 4600 and was thinking to go with a B impeller. Anything else that would make a big differ? Thanks. Just a lake boat...
.If it was me I would have the AA cut down to A....or A-B
do you have anything else? like a place-divrter, preloader, shoe and ride plate,droop snoot

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.If it was me I would have the AA cut down to A....or A-B
do you have anything else? like a place-divrter, preloader, shoe and ride plate,droop snoot
Jet has a droop snoot, place-diverter, no shoe that i can see and what looks like the stock rock grate...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try a river race grate and the A impeller.
it will not turn 6500 but it may free up 300-400 rpm and load the pump harder than the rock grate
was looking at this Jet Boat Performance, Loader Grates
and a cutting my impeller to an A/B or B. wouldn't mind it reving to 5500-6000. Then this winter I will rebuild the jet and add whatever I can to help it. I want to go with a SS impeller so I figure out what works best now then change it on rebuild. On wear rings what the differ between the bronze and
"Ultimate" Wear Ring????

·
Registered
31 Posts
was looking at this Jet Boat Performance, Loader Grates
and a cutting my impeller to an A/B or B. wouldn't mind it reving to 5500-6000. Then this winter I will rebuild the jet and add whatever I can to help it. I want to go with a SS impeller so I figure out what works best now then change it on rebuild. On wear rings what the differ between the bronze and
"Ultimate" Wear Ring????
call them ,he will have better advise on this subject or perhaps
he will chime in or one of many jet guru`s I am just a hack
.Jet Boat guru`s please pick up the white courtesy phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts