Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Very pretty. Super transformation on the Hallett. Tell me it doesn't suck to have to bolt the tank supports through the bottom of the boat. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very pretty. Super transformation on the Hallett. Tell me it doesn't suck to have to bolt the tank supports through the bottom of the boat. :D
ya i know i wanted to fill the old holes with white gel so bad , but i dident want to add one more thing to the to do list so for now il will just leave them the way you are but you are absolutly correct it sucked thank you for the comment, its hard to compare with some of the big money boats arround this place but im trying to do my best to make it the way i want it , one piece at a time

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great Billy! Too bad the pictures don't truly show off that paint job.
thanks alot man , i hope to have it done this year , i want to make the tower park run but i know if i start to rush Ill just start half assin things and regret it later . Ive come too far to start pulling shortcuts now

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is a major undertaking! Killer job so far. There are only a few brands worthy of putting that kind of time and money into a resto and Hallett is definately one of them.

Keep the pics coming and good luck, you are soooooo close to getting it wet!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all alot , its been tons of work but and more money than i thought i could sneek away from my wife lol but like i said im finally making it the way that i always wanted it to be. as always if anyone sees something i missed please let me know i am always open to suggestions and ideas

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What year is the hull and how much power are you putting to it?
its a 76 hallett and the motor is just a stock bbc:D it is actually a 454 bored and stroked to 496 with dart pro 1 heads hyd roller cam with somewhere around 12.5 to 1 comp. i dont know for sure what it is putting out i will tell people it is around 375-425 hp , i appreciate the compliments on the fab work , my main obsession has been to keep it clean looking

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Real nice looking boat.

Whats going on in this pic. is the aluminum plate there just to give you a flat surface or did it fet glassed to the boat? My bro has a panther and we have been comtemplating the berk switchover...We had contemplated filling the necessary space with aluminum...not sure if we will still go that way or not.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
AwwwwwwwweMaaaaaaaaaan! that is so much like the paint scheme I was planning on for My boat! I guess I will have to rethink My Paint.I also have those same valve covers.
Any You'r boat looks awesome....Hal

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Real nice looking boat.

Whats going on in this pic. is the aluminum plate there just to give you a flat surface or did it fet glassed to the boat? My bro has a panther and we have been comtemplating the berk switchover...We had contemplated filling the necessary space with aluminum...not sure if we will still go that way or not.
i was just using the flat aluminium to follow the shape of the keal , it was waxed so it came off real easy after the glass kicked off

·
Registered
194 Posts
that flame job looks great. I really like it. The tie down cleats inside the boat is a cool idea too. Really nice job on everything!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts